Venturing Summer Camp
One of only a few summer camp facilities dedicated solely to Venturers and Explorers, Swift Base at S bar F Scout Ranch is truly a unique program for your Venturing Crew, Explorer Post, or older Scout Patrol.
The Ranch’s 270-acre Nims Lake serves as the focal point for water skiing, sailing, fishing, canoeing, swimming, water tubing, sun bathing, kayaking and water sliding. Our herd of horses will allow you to saddle-up and explore the wilderness trails. If heights and challenges are your thing, we offer rock climbing, rappelling and a high and low ropes course. You may want to try your hand at firing a .22 rifle or bow and arrow. Evening programs include campfires, dances, volleyball and crazy competitions. Or you might go out for a canoe overnight with your crew. At Swift, you choose what you want to do.
2015 Summer Camp Reservations
The new online summer camp reservation system is now live. Reservations and unit deposits can be made for the following camps:
|June 14-20||Venturing Outdoor Survivor Challenge||Make a Reservation|
|June 21-28||Shooting Sports & Historical Reenactment||Make a Reservation|
|June 28-July 4||Sea Scout Aquatic Extravaganza||Make a Reservation|
|July 5-11||STEM with International Scouting (German Scout Troop in attendance)||Make a Reservation|
|July 12-18||Catholic Adventure Week (Boy Scout & Venturing)||Make a Reservation|
- Summer camp and event registrations can now be made on your schedule and from the comfort of your home
- No paperwork needed to take to council
- No lines to wait in at a service center
- Unit leaders can generate reports showing who’s registered and how much has been paid towards the camp or event
- Ability to add attendees or change attendees information