See What’s Going On
Cub Scout Fall Planning Guide
Adapt to the new normal and still have FUN!
Scouts BSA Fall Planning Guide
Use this guide to keep Scouts engaged through a robust Scouting program under the limitations of a pandemic.
Venturing & Sea Scouting Fall Planning Guide
Use this guide to incorporate safe events and service opportunities while keeping youth socially connected with each other and their leaders.
2020 Popcorn Sales
Popcorn sales can generate enough income to financially support your Scouting program for the entire year! Money from popcorn can be used to pay for camporees, pinewood derby races, equipment, badges, and summer camp.
We realize that selling popcorn will look a little different this year which is why we are providing all Scouts the ability to sell popcorn through our online ordering system. This process requires no face-to-face selling and popcorn is shipped directly to buyers.
Learn more here.
Cub Launch Saturdays
Saturdays in September and October at multiple locations including Beaumont Scout Reservation
$10 per Cub Scout and Cub Scout-age siblings
Sponsored by Zanfel Laboratories
Due to COVID-19, the local county, and state safety regulations, what has been previously known as “Cub Launch” will now go by the name of Cub Launch Saturdays. It is a spin on the regular Cub Launch program and provides new and existing Cub Scouts an opportunity to go to camp and safely participate in Scouting activities.
Cub Scout Saturday Activities:
BB gun shooting, Archery, Hike the Bobcat Trail (learn what you need to know to get your Bobcat badge!), and a STEM demonstration and activity **activities may change depending on location, the activities listed here are at Beaumont Scout Reservation
- Each Saturday session will adhere to 50-person maximum restrictions and 6 feet of social distancing
- Due to the maximum attendee restrictions we ask that only one parent attends with a child or one parent with multiple children to ensure as many kids can get a great experience.
- Masks are required for each person over the age of 9 years old in Missouri; 2 years or older in Illinois
- Each registration link below will have more information based on that specific location
Locations & Dates:
- Beaumont Scout Reservation: Sept. 12, 19, 26 & Oct 3, 10, 17, 24 REGISTER HERE
- Wentzville: Sept 19 & Oct 3 REGISTER HERE
- Cape Girardeau Jackson City Park: Sept. 19 REGISTER HERE
- Camp Vandeventer: Sept. 19 REGISTER HERE
- Camp Joy: Sept. 19 REGISTER HERE
- Rhodes France: Sept. 19 & 26 REGISTER HERE
- O'Fallon Sportsman Club: Oct 3 & 17 REGISTER HERE
- Camp Warren Levis: Sept. 26 REGISTER HERE
- Ozark Trail Blazers: Oct. 3 REGISTER HERE
Leader Outdoor Experience Training
National Youth Leadership Training
National Youth Leadership Training (NYLT) will be held at Beaumont Scout Reservation Oct. 2-4 and Oct. 9-11. Youth need to attend both weekends to fully be trained.
NYLT is an exciting, action-packed program designed to provide youth members with leadership skills and experience they can use in their home troops and in other situations demanding leadership of self and others.
We have several camp properties throughout our geographical footprint, all offering excellent camping and hiking opportunities. Our camps and facilities are open to Scouting units, families, and outside groups. New this year, camps are open nearly everyday, so if your group is looking for a weekday outdoor opportunity, visit our facilities page to schedule your next outdoor experience. Camps also include unique program opportunities including climbing, boating, fishing, horseback rides, and shooting sports.
The BSA’s STEM initiative gives Scouts an opportunity to explore science, technology, engineering, and mathematics related concepts and learn how STEM knowledge is used in everyday life and in the professional world. The aim is to expose youth to new opportunities and help build interest in the STEM-related careers that are so crucial to our future economy.
Learn More by clicking here.
Merit Badge Skill Centers
- To view the available badges, click here.
- GSLAC Merit Badge Group Instruction Policy Form
- The Virtual Merit Badge Clinics
- Fishing - September 12 from 9:00am - 12:15pm. Register.
- Horsemanship - September 15, 17, 22 and 24. Register.
- Fly Fishing - September 19 from 9:00am - 12:15pm. Register.
- NESA Advancement Day - September 19 from 8:30am - 4:00pm. Register.
- Climbing - September 19 from 9:00am - 4:00pm. Register.
- Art - September 19 from 12:00pm - 1:30pm. Register.
- Personal Management - September 22 and 29 from 6:00pm - 8:00pm. Register.
- Pulp & Paper - In-person (Beaumont) September 26 from 1:00pm - 4:00pm. Register.
- Fish and Wildlife Management - September 26 from 9:00am - 12:15pm. Register.
- Rifle Shooting - October 7, 8 or 9 from 9:00am - 2:00pm. Register.
- Railroading - October 3 from 6:00pm - 7:30pm. Register.
- Cooking - October 10 or 21. See link for times. Register.
- Shooting (Rifle & Shotgun) - October 10 from 9:00am - 4:00pm. Register.
- Photography - October 11 from 1:30pm - 3:30pm. Register.
- Shooting (Rifle & Shotgun) - October 17 from 9:00am - 4:00pm. Register.
- Shooting (Rifle & Shotgun) - October 24 from 9:00am - 4:00pm. Register.
- Citizenship in the Community - October 24 from 11:00am - 1:00pm. Register.
- Complete Angler – Fishing related badges- On site - October 25 from 8:00am - 4:00pm. Register.
- Horsemanship - October 27, October 29, November 3, November 5 from 5:30pm - 9:00pm. Register.
- Citizenship in the Community - November 7 from 11:00am - 1:00pm. Register.
- Learning and Earning
The council is offering weekend sessions at its climbing towers at Camp Lewallen and Beaumont Scout Reservation. Climbing is available to families or small groups.
The Camp Lewallen tower is open for reservations on Sept. 5 and Oct. 3. The Beaumont tower can be reserved on Saturdays in September and October.
Private Horse Riding Lessons
Enjoy a unique experience at Beaumont Scout Reservation with private riding lessons. Learn everything about horses from behavior/anatomy, approaching horses, tack, riding lessons, and much more! Lessons will be held on Wednesday evenings and last an hour and half with Wrangler Jordan Mutert. For youth aged 8 and older.