Cub Scout Summer Camp
Cub Scout camp is a great way for boys to enjoy time with friends (and make new ones), spend time outdoors, learn fun new skills and take part in once-in-a-lifetime experiences.
|Visit the Cub Scout Camp Toolbox|
More than 30 camps take place throughout all 20 districts of our council each summer. These camps, open to all levels of Cub Scouts, are held during the day and evening but do not offer overnight opportunities. Attend with your den and other Scouts from your pack and district. Grizzly Adventure Camp is a special themed week at Beaumont Scout Reservation’s Cub World for individual Scouts, dens, or packs.
Grizzly Camp | REGISTER
Grizzly Camp for Cub Scouts and Webelos offers three sessions, each with its own theme. Activities revolve around each theme in crafts and outdoor activities. Boys especially love heading over to Cub World to play on the pirate ship, in the miner’s camp, and the playground. Leadership is provided by a paid staff, and parents are encouraged to attend to participate with their sons for one day or the entire week.
- June 26-30: Weird Wacky Science
- Come explore the best of the best STEM projects, vinegar eggs, slime, kinetic sand, tie dying, lava lamps, homemade ice cream and more! All the while enjoying Cub World’s pirate ship, pool, mud cave and more! Don’t worry, we always offer BB guns and Archery too!
- July 3, 5-7: Are you tougher than a Cub Scout?
- How tough are you? Are you ready for scout skills and wilderness survival activities? Can you prove yourself in obstacles and outdoor games? Brave enough to explore mud cave? Can you handle BB guns and archery? Come live the scouting life and show us how tough you are. We will make our own survival kits, flashlights, lanterns, camping gear, and learn tons of scouting skills. Scouts will get to participate in obstacle courses, fun races, and enjoy all Cub World has to offer including the pirate ship and mud cave.
- July 17-21: Wizarding World of Scouting – SOLD OUT!
Grizzly Camp Staff Application
We are in need of staffers to help put on the Grizzly Camp sessions. These are paid positions for adults age 18 and older. To apply, complete the application and return to email@example.com or 4568 West Pine Blvd., St. Louis, MO 63108.
The Greater St. Louis Area Council has two programs tailored specifically for Webelos Scouts (boys going into grades 4 & 5). Webelos work on several Adventures/Advancements, live in tents camping with their den, hike trails, swim twice a day, have fun at campfires, learn outdoor skills, and much more. Arrow of Light camp is six days and five nights. Webelos camp is three days and two nights.
- REGISTER | Camp May:
June 11-16, June 18-23, July 9-14
Cost: $270 per youth $80 per adult
- REGISTER | Camp May: June 25-27, July 5-7, July 16-18 Webelos Camp May Manual
- REGISTER | Pine Ridge: July 9-11, July 13-15 Webelos Pine Ridge Manual
Cost: $150 per youth $65 per adult
Cub Scout Resident Camp (Bear and Wolf Camp)
Cub Scouts can attend this three-day, two-night camp at Camp Lewallen or Beaumont’s Camp May. Cub Scout camp will expose younger Cub Scouts to the fun and excitement of overnight camping to prepare them for Webelos and Boy Scouts. Boys will work on Adventure/Advancements, live in tents and enjoy activities such as hiking, swimming, learning outdoor skills and having fun.
- REGISTER | Camp May: June 28-30 | Camp May Wolf/Bear Manual
- REGISTER | Camp Lewallen: July 5-7 (Bears, Wolves, and Webelos) | Manual
Cost: $150 per youth $65 per adult
This is a weekend of fun for all levels of Cub Scouts and their families (including all cub Scout aged siblings!) at one of our great camp properties. Tents, food, and program supplies are provided for this one night camp. Highlights of the weekend program include swimming, canoeing, fishing (Lewallen and S bar F only), archery, BB gun range, and a campfire.
- REGISTER | Camp May:
June 17-18, June 24-25, July 8-9, July 15-16
- REGISTER | Camp Famous Eagle: June 24-25, July 8-9
- REGISTER | Camp Lewallen: June 24-25
Cost: $40 per participant or $120 for a family of 4
Schedule: Check-in from 1-2pm on day 1, and check-out by 11am on day 2.
Cub Scout STEM Twilight Camp | REGISTER
Are you a Scientist? Technologist? Engineer? Mathematician? Find out at STEM Camp! Cub Scouts and Webelos spend four evenings at Cub World, Beaumont Scout Reservation exploring STEM topics with the help of local STEM experts and organizations — and a focus on the NOVA Wild! and Down & Dirty Nova awards. Activities include animal encounters; exploring the science of nature; games; and
enjoying all that Cub World has to offer.
- Beaumont Scout Reservation: July 24-27
Cub Adventure Camp | REGISTER
Cub Adventure Camp is the best fun-filled event for your Cub Scouts this summer. Campers will journey through the program areas in search of action, advancement, and knowledge that we can learn only from the facilities and programs offered at camp. Cub Adventure Camp is the premier Cub Scout summertime activity; the program is designed so that Cubs of all ages can attend every summer and never get enough. As a Cub Adventure Camper, Cub Scouts will join in our festive songs and entertainment at mealtimes and participate in games, activities, and skits in the evenings. All Cub Scouts are invited to attend Cub Adventure Camp, a 4-day, 3-night camping experience at Camp Warren Levis.
Session 1: June 8-11
Session 2: June 15-18
Session 3: June 22-25
Session 4: July 13-16
Cost: $150 per youth $80 per adult
*Sessions run Thursday evening through Sunday afternoon
*Packs should sign up as a unit, not as individual campers.
Mom & Me | REGISTER
Prepare for an adventure traveling through time! This year’s Mom & Me camp will take you and your mom (or guardian) to destinations in ancient times and through the future — without leaving Illinois! Also enjoy regular camp activities such as archery, hiking, arts and crafts, games, and much more!
- September 22-24