A service project is a special Good Turn that puts Scout spirit into action. Projects can take many forms such as a community cleanup, repairing a place of worship, improving a wildlife habitat, or organizing a recycling effort. Start now reporting all service hours. It is a key measurement goal in the Journey to Excellence program. Don’t miss out on valuable points for your JTE unit award.
To easily log your unit’s service hours, go to
Simply fill out a brief questionnaire about your project. The council will report these service project hours to the national office for you.
Looking for community service ideas? Check out the list below for nearby organizations looking for volunteers and other service project ideas.
Upcoming service opportunities:
- Early Childhood Education Center in Herculaneum: is looking for someone who can build a wooden loft for its classroom. Contact Lauren at 314-602-3059 or LMORRIS@dunklin.k12.mo.us if you or your unit can help.
- MDA Summer Camp: needs volunteers ages 16 and up to help at its camp for kids with physical disabilities. Learn more here.
Community service ideas:
- Operation Clean Stream, picking up trash near waterways
- Food service clean-up and tear-down at church breakfast/dinner
- Christmas caroling or door decorating for senior living communities
- Trash pick-up after school carnival
- Landscape maintenance and grounds clean-up at local park
- Staff booth and provide Scouting activities at community fair
- Serve lunch at a homeless shelter
- Distribute water at 5k
- Build a bookcase for school library or church