A service project is a special Good Turn that puts Scout spirit into action. Projects can take many forms such as a community cleanup, repairing a place of worship, improving a wildlife habitat, or organizing a recycling effort. Start now reporting all service hours. It is a key measurement goal in the Journey to Excellence program. Don’t miss out on valuable points for your JTE unit award.
Simply fill out a brief questionnaire about your project. The council will report these service project hours to the national office for you.
Looking for community service ideas? Check out the list below for nearby organizations looking for volunteers and other service project ideas.
Upcoming service opportunities:
- Community Action Agency of St. Louis County is in need of a weather station. Possible Eagle project. If interested, contact Mike at email@example.com or 314-446-4403.
- St. Louis Area Foodbank is looking for volunteers who can help paint their logo on their roof! Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if interested in helping.
- Ozark Trail Association has year-round service opportunities with trail upkeep. The association maintains 450+ miles of hiking trails in Missouri. Many Eagle project opportunities also exist. Contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org or call 573-436-0540.
- St. Charles Animal Shelter is in need of feral cat houses (wild cats that are not house broken). These structures provide homes for cats during winter and bad weather. If interested in helping, contact email@example.com. Click here to see a feral cat house example.
- St. Louis County Pet Adoption Center (Olivette) needs volunteers to come help with walking, socialization, making treats, and many other things for its animals. The shelter allows volunteers ages 12+ with a parent and 16+ on their own. Eagle Scout projects might also be available. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Community service ideas:
- Picking up trash near waterways
- Food service clean-up and tear-down at church breakfast/dinner
- Christmas caroling or door decorating for senior living communities
- Trash pick-up after school carnival
- Landscape maintenance and grounds clean-up at local park
- Staff booth and provide Scouting activities at community fair
- Serve lunch at a homeless shelter
- Distribute water at 5k
- Build a bookcase for school library or church