Aquatics (or Aquatic Activities.. or Water Activities)
During the summer months, swimming, boating and sailing are favorite activities of many Scouts. With the right training and preparation they can safely enjoy the water along with their parents, leaders and friends.
Swimming and boating are available during summer camp at Camp Lewallen, Pine Ridge Scout Camp and S bar F Scout Ranch. Swimming pools are available at Camp Lewallen and Camp May. Troops, crews and posts can participate in canoeing from April 1 through October 31 at S bar F Scout Ranch and Pine Ridge Scout Camp. The rental fee for canoes is $5 per per day.
S bar F Scout Ranch
Nims Lake Boating and Fishing Regulations:
- Safety Afloat Guidelines are required for all boating activities.
- Reservations must be made at the council service center.
- Nims Lake was built for the Scouts. While fishing, each leader must be accompanied by at least one Scout. Every person in any watercraft (maximum 3) must be a swimmer and wear a personal flotation device (PFD) at all times. NOTE: A current Missouri state fishing license is required for all persons between the ages of 16 and 64.
- Fishing with live minnows is not permitted.
- Electric trolling motors only—gasoline engines are not permitted on the lake.
- All participants must check in with the rangers and present a camp use permit.
- Fishing is a unit activity—not individual. Buddy boats are required—see Safety Afloat Guidelines.
- All other camp rules are in effect. Violators will be asked to leave the property.