2016 Protestant Religious Award Recognition Day
March 13, 2016 | 3 p.m.
Emerson Center at Beaumont Scout Reservation
Field Uniform or Sunday Dress
RSVP: email@example.com by March 8, 2016
Do you have a Scout or Scouter in your unit that has received a Protestant Religious Award since January 2015?
The Greater St. Louis Area Council’s Protestant Religious Relations Committee wants to recognize them for following the 12th point of the Scout Law…being reverent.
They are invited, along with their parents or guardians, to attend the 2016 Greater St. Louis Area Council Protestant Religious Award Recognition Day a recognition ceremony and reception. View the flyer.
The Protestant Relations Committee is looking for individuals (Scouts, Scouters, and Clergy) who would be interested in encouraging and deepening the faith life of all our Scouts and Scouters. The Protestant Relations Committee is charged with:
- To secure a Minister or Chaplain for Religious Services for Scouts and Scouters when they camp as a Council or District at S-F Scout Ranch and Beaumont Scout Reservation.
- To call forth and encourage Scouts to lead or assist in leading a Religious Service on either the Council or District level. Scouts are encouraged to look at the “Scouts Own” Religious Service as a model of a Religious Service that can be led by a Scout.
- Encourage Scouts to enroll in a program of religious instruction that will result in the attaining of the religious emblem for their position in Scouting. For more information on the Religious Emblems, please visit P.R.A.Y. at praypub.org.
- Inform and encourage Pastors and laymen to promote and support the religious emblems program.
- Help in securing a Chaplain for the Council Summer Camps.
- Encourage all Churches with Scout units to hold a Scout Sunday observance during Scout Anniversary Week in February.
- Encourage Scouts and Scoutmasters to conduct their own worship services when no services are available near their camping location.
- Encourage ordained Clergy to serve as Chaplains for their units and to have Scout Chaplain assistants.
- When requested, to provide assistance to potential chartered partners in the organization of a new Scouting unit.
P.R.A.Y. Religious Emblems Program
Join Salem in Ballwin United Methodist Church this fall for the Protestant Religious Emblems Program. An open house for all four program levels will be held on Oct. 1 at 7 p.m. Any Protestant youth in the council is welcome to attend. Click here for more information.
|Baptist Subcommittee Chairman
|Methodist Subcommittee Chairman
636.394.6809 or 636.391.2121
|Church of Christ Subcommittee Chairman
636.391.0734 or 636.882.8197
|African Methodist Episcopal Church (AME)
If you are interested in joining the Protestant Relations Committee or if you would like more information, please contact:
Richard Jones, (314) 753-1303 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Lloyd Brown, (636) 343-7691 or email@example.com
Ken Etter, 314-256-3106 or firstname.lastname@example.org
|God and Me||Tiger Cubs|
|God and Family||Cub Scouts|
|God and Church||Boy Scouts|
|God and Life||Venturing and Exploring|