Take aim with one of the council’s shooting sports programs! Activities are available for Scouts of all ages. Archery and BB guns are open to Cub Scouts, while Boy Scouts, Venturers, and Explorers can participate in shotgun and rifle shooting.
S bar F Scout Ranch, Camp Lewallen and Beaumont Scout Reservation each have an archery range, BB gun range, rifle range, and shotgun range. Pine Ridge Scout Camp has an archery range and BB gun range available for rent.
|Interested in becoming a merit badge counselor or taking your unit youth on a shooting outing? Get trained to meet national and council guidelines. These formal NRA courses are available to Scouters at reduced prices. Click here to view training courses.|
View the Camp Fee Schedule for cost information.
Shooting Sports Resources for Scouters
- GSLAC Shooting Sports Operating Procedures
- Form 430-938, National Shooting Sports Manual
- 2016 Supplements to Shooting Sports Manual
- Document 34416, National Guide to Safe Scouting (2015)
- Private Property Approval for Shooting Sports by Units, Districts, and Councils
- BSA 30-minute Rifle Safety Briefing
- BSA 30-minute Shotgun Safety Briefing
- BSA 30-minute Pistol Safety Briefing
- Cub Scout Shooting Sports Award Manual
- Form 510-320, Cub Scout Shooting Sports Award Requirements
- Form 512-933, Venturing Shooting Sports Outstanding Achievement Award
- Event Safety Checklist
- Form 19-673, Activity Consent Form
- Age-Appropriate Guidelines for Scouting Activities
- GSLAC online reservation system
- Procedure for Reporting Shooting Sports Activities to NRA
- Firearm cleaning instructions