Life to Eagle
You will find below, the process you need to follow as you begin the final stages of your trail to Eagle journey.
- Attend the district Life to Eagle presentation. There will be a fall and spring session. The date and time will be announced at district roundtable. This is for Eagle candidate, parents, and/or leaders.
- Obtain an Eagle packet—we will provide at Eagle presentation and have available at roundtable
- Print the latest version of the Eagle Service project workbook and read it completely. Click on this link and follow the instructions: http://www.stlbsa.org Under achievement, click on Eagle scout and scroll down to helpful forms and you will find the workbook available for printing.
- No handwritten materials accepted. All items submitted must be typed. The workbook and Eagle Application allows you to type directly into it. Pictures should be inserted directly into the document.
- Find a project that you want to accomplish and will be of lasting benefit
- Discuss the project plans with your Scoutmaster and troop. Obtain their approval.
- Obtain approval of your plan from the benefitting organization.
- Meet with your district Eagle board representative for approval of your plans.
***VERY IMPORTANT*** You cannot begin work on your project until you have signatures from the above four. Failure to comply will result in disqualification of your project. You will start over with a new project.
- You must call Eagle board chairman Lloyd Reinkensmeier—phone 618/214-7094, email email@example.com or Asst. Eagle board chairman, Jeff Schatz-618-972-3716 to schedule your project approval review.
- After your project is approved, you may apply at this link for possible source of funding for your project. http://stlesa.org/Eagle-Project-Grants This is based on merit and is competitive.
- Keep detailed records of your project and prepare your report of completion.
- Secure four letters of recommendation. These letters must be from the same references listed on the application under requirement 2.
- Write a statement of our life ambitions and purpose.
- Complete our scoutmaster conference and troop board of review.
- Submit items to local council service center for review
- Completed and signed Eagle application. It is critical that dates are accurate and in the correct order.
- Completed project workbook
- Letters of recommendation
- Life’s ambition statement
- 21 Merit badge cards that are listed on the Eagle application.
- Given the distance, you have the option of submitting electronically the above to firstname.lastname@example.org There will be an insert in your eagle packet with instructions.
- District Eagle board of review approval (same point of contact as above.)
- Do not setup a date until you receive approval of your credentials from council.
- You are required to bring all material with you to the Eagle Board of Review and give to the Chairman of your review.
- Submit the following on a thumb drive at your final board of review and give to the Eagle board chair.
- One paragraph describing your project
- Ten pics that show the transformation process from beginning to end of your project
- Three pics that reflect your scouting career
- A portrait pic of you in uniform. This may be done at the conclusion of your review.
- Return application to council service center for national office approval
- Plan your court of honor after return of your award from our national court of honor.
If you have a Scout ready to start the Eagle Trail please contact Lloyd Reinkensmeier 618-214-7094 email@example.com or Jeff Schatz 618-972-3716 firstname.lastname@example.org