GSLAC and Goodwill Partner on Earth Day to Collect Donations
April 11, 2017
Pop-up donation sites in 20 different locations throughout the region!
The Greater St. Louis Area Council and MERS Goodwill will hold a collection drive on Earth Day, Saturday, April 22. From 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. that Saturday, Scouts in all 20 districts will help collect donations while completing advancement requirements for the sustainability merit badge and others! For a list of donation locations, visit: www.stlbsa.org/earth-day.
The community will be able to drop off donations to Scouts while they show their commitment to reduce, reuse, and recycle. By donating general items and electronics, donors are not only helping to put people to work, but are giving them an opportunity of a lifetime. All efforts to recycle used goods keep material out of landfills and help MERS Goodwill stores generate revenue to advance the Goodwill mission and programs.
“We are so appreciative of the community’s donations to Goodwill and are excited to team up with the Boy Scouts this year for Earth Day,” said David Kutchback, President and CEO of MERS Goodwill. “With 20 different locations serving as pop-up donation centers, we hope to make an impact on the environment as well as the Scouts who will earn advancement requirements for their contribution and support.”
MERS Goodwill accepts the following donations: clothing, shoes, jewelry, books, games, sports equipment, housewares, collectibles, domestics and working or non-working electronics (no TV’s). A full list of items MERS Goodwill accepts is available at www.mersgoodwill.org/donate/donation-details. All items will be accepted free of charge, and donors do not need to sort their items prior to dropping them off. Participants will receive a tax receipt for their donation.
This is the second drive that MERS Goodwill and the Boy Scouts will be working on together. Goodwill was a 2016 sponsor of the Boy Scouts’ 32nd annual Scouting For Food drive, which gathered over 2.2 million items of donated food. It was the largest Scouting For Food collection ever recorded at the Greater St. Louis Area Council.
Help us spread the word!
Sample Facebook posts:
- We are celebrating Earth Day on April 22 by partnering with @mers.goodwill for a donation drive! Help keep unused items out of landfills while changing lives through the power of work. Find a drop-off location near you and create a personalized flyer for your community by clicking the link below. http://bit.ly/2oi2WcE
- Our Earth Day donation drive is April 22! We are partnering with @mers.goodwill to help keep unused items out of landfills while changing lives through the power of work. Find a drop-off location near you and create a personalized flyer for your community by clicking the link below. https://stlbsa.org/activities/events/earth-day/
- Tomorrow is the day! Help us keep unused items out of landfills by bringing your items to one of our pop-up donation sites. Happy Earth Day! http://bit.ly/2oi2WcE
- Our Earth Day donation drive w/ @MERSGoodwill is Apr 22! Find a drop-off spot & create a flyer for your community. http://bit.ly/2oi2WcE
- Tomorrow is the day! Help us keep unused items out of landfills. Bring your items to a pop-up donation site. http://bit.ly/2oi2WcE
Earth Day Images: