Friends of Scouting Makes A Difference
January 31, 2018
The Boy Scouts of America develops today’s youth into tomorrow’s leaders. We do this by creating opportunities for learning and growth that foster and strengthen self-confidence, values, respect for others, character, and leadership abilities. These lessons shape their entire lives.
Friends of Scouting (FOS) is the annual giving campaign of the Greater St. Louis Area Council. The FOS campaign provides nearly 20% of the Council budget every year. That means nearly a quarter of every dollar in the council budget comes from the generosity of Scouting families, alumni and community supporters. Without this funding, our council could not provide the resources necessary to provide a quality, adventurefilled scouting program.
Your FOS contribution has meaning:
- materials for exciting programs
- insurance for leaders and participants
- maintain camp properties for your Scouts and future Scouts
- underprivileged youth are given the opportunity to join regardless of financial situation
- summer camp fee assistance
- volunteer training
- young people grow into successful adults
Please support Scouting by donating during your unit’s Friends of Scouting presentation. Or donate now by clicking here.