August 2017 Roundtable Notes
Thank you to everyone that attended August Roundtable. We had a great crowd that enjoyed a special popcorn treat!
1. Fall Recruitment/School Night to Join Scouting-Let’s get those dates in! We have some units signed up already. I will be contacting others. I have visited many schools and most are willing to hand out flyers and even allow me to do Boy Talks. The incentives are similar for this year if your unit achieves a 10% growth of membership as of last year October 31st.
- Cub Scout Packs that achieve 10% growth in members over October 31, 2016, and every registered Scout in the pack receives a FREE Pinewood Derby car!
- Each new Cub Scout receives a voucher for 50% off registration to attend one of our many “New Scout Events”
- Boy Scout Troops, Venturing Crews, & Exploring Posts that achieve 10% growth in members over October 31, 2016 will receive a $50 voucher for an add-on program at a council camp property (climbing, horse back riding, etc.)
2. Day Camp was a hit!!!! I could not be more proud of BOTH Day Camps. We went over our goal and all I heard were great things. Thank you JoBeth Roberts and Jonathan Douglass for running each Day Camp. You both rock!
3. Popcorn Time Again! Unit commitment forms will be attached to the email for Popcorn. There will be a training date in Southeast Missouri on August 17th at 6:30pm at Rays of Kelso in Cape Girardeau. Popcorn Incentives are listed below!
- FREE “Drone Kit” for every selling unit to use as to improve the quality of unit kickoffs and as a drawing to increase scout participation
- Kickoff and product tasting kits to every selling unit for better unit popcorn kickoffs. Has 5 different products inside (Caramel w/Sea Salt, Chocolatey Caramel Crunch, White Cheddar, Chocolate-covered Pecan Clusters, and Microwave Unbelievable Butter). If a Unit has over 40 registered Scouts, they get two tasting kits, if they more than 85, they get three.
- Home delivery for individual units with product order over $12,000 retail
- One FREE Show-N-Sell (SNS) banner for each unit holding a SNS sale.
- One FREE campership ($350 value) for any unit that sells $12,000 retail or more, TOTAL in their sale this Fall.
- 2nd Year of “St. Louis Cardinals Experience” which will improve on all the things that may not have been perfect last year AND THEN adds MORE fun and cool stuff. Including giveaways, tours of the Clubhouse, dugout, radio booth, Cardinals museum, photos with Fredbird and Cardinals memorabilia, free parking and lunch for both Scouts and one adult. (Last year, only the scout got the free lunch). Also, the experience will be in Nov. or Dec. instead of April of 2017 for the 2016 sale high achievers. This is for Scouts selling at the $1,000 level.
- “Big Spin“ parties, where Scouts who sell $1,500 or more will get to attend an exclusive party, be recognized, and spin a wheel. They’ll choose a prize (a high-quality one) from the category the wheel lands on – electronics, legos, sporting goods, etc. Pizza and ice cream as well.
- AND many others………..
4. Scouts in need of service hours? Sikeston Rotary Club is teaming up with many local agencies to help out families in need during the Back to School Fair and Food Distribution Event on August 12th at the YMCA from 9:30-12:30. This would be a great way to help your local community. If any Scouts would be interested in helping hand food out to local families please contact Cooper McKelvey at 731-695-2359 or email@example.com
This could also be a way to earn those service hours!
Attached is the August Roundtable packet. Simply click the link below and it will take you to this months flyers. Now you can access ALL our flyers in ONE place!
August 17: Popcorn Training at Rays of Kelso in Cape Girardeau (You MUST be signed up for this, please contact me if you have any questions.)
Sepember 1: Popcorn Sales Begin
September 5: Roundtable-STEM Staff and Trailer
September 21: Eagle Board of Review (Please note that if there is a Scout that needs to have a special Board of Review date, that can be arranged. It is looking like there will be A LOT of potentials in December and that can be overwhelming.)
October 3: Roundtable
October 6-8: Fall Camporee
October 21: Cub Scout Day One
October 24: Last Day to Sell Popcorn
October 28: Cherokee OA North Meeting Day of Service
September Roundtable will be on September 1st at First United Methodist Church, 1307 N Main, Sikeston. Please note the time change! We will have the STEM trailer there from 6:30-7:00 for leaders and families to come check out followed by our Roundtable at 7:00!