Scouting for Food
“SCOUTING FOR FOOD”
( America’s largest one-day Food drive )
1. All Scouts & Scouters should be in full uniform. The public will be able to identify who you are and what you are doing.It is also a great opportunity to display scouting in a most positive light!
2. Scouts should travel in groups of two or more (i.e., the buddy system).Adults should be nearby at all times.
3. The Scouts should NEVER enter private homes. Again, please do not enter the houses!
4. Be sure to cover any new developments within your assigned Area; even if they are not depicted on your map! (Check Google Maps — See below!)
1. Ideally bags should be distributed on Saturday. November 10, 2018.
If you need to do it on Friday or Sunday that is fine — please just limit yourself
to reasonable daylight hours. Bags may actually be distributed thru Thursday.
2. Scouts are encouraged to leave a bag at every private residence.
Note: Apartments with “No Solicitation” signs should only be covered with
prior permission from the Manager (i.e., Simply stop, and ask first at the office
if it is ok.). Bags are not to be left at businesses.
3. Do not put bags in mailboxes.
If you are working a stretch of rural road, then please consider placing
some small rocks in your bags ahead of time to weigh them down. You may
then place them on the ground next to a mailbox.
4. Please notify us if YOU do not receive a bag at your own house !!
Each of you can serve as a “Spot Checker” to ensure than all our Areas are
covered & no houses are missed by simply calling / e-mailing your SFF Chair.