Exploring Recognition Dinner
The Exploring annual recognition dinner will be Tuesday, May 21st at Edward Jones. The dinner gives us an opportunity to celebrate the Greater St. Louis Exploring youth, adults and partners. This year we are also celebrating Exploring’s 70th anniversary and honoring the long history of Law Enforcement Exploring.
A highlight of the evening is the presentation of various Exploring related awards. Please consider nominating those who are deserving from your post with one of the Exploring recognitions listed below. If your nominee is unable to attend the dinner we will see that they receive their recognition at another time. For more information contact Julie Monken at (314)256-3052.
Do you have someone you would like to recognize? Please complete the appropriate below form and return them to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 18th.
- Awards to Individuals– The council may present the Spurgeon Award to men and women who have rendered outstanding leadership to the Exploring program either as an Explorer post adult leader or as a district, division, or council Exploring adult volunteer.
- Awards to Organizations — The council may present the Spurgeon Award to schools, businesses, industries, labor unions, governmental agencies, civic clubs, fraternal groups, and other community organizations that have demonstrated an outstanding record of providing significant leadership to the Exploring program.
- Past Spurgeon Award Recipients
- Active youth participant or adult leader for at least one year in either the Learning for Life high school program or Exploring.
- Demonstrated exceptional dedication and gave outstanding leadership to the youth participants in either the Learning for Life high school program or Exploring.
Career Area Achievement Award
- Explorers can earn a Career Achievement Award in one or all of the 12 career clusters and provide 50 hours of community service. The Explorer Post Advisor uses their discretion to certify that each Explorer has satisfactorily performed 50 hours of community service and verifies that each candidate has completed at least nine achievements within the career cluster.