Shawnee District Contact Information
|Dr. Neil Glass||District Chairmanemail@example.com|
|Mike Biri||District Commissioner||Biri3131@charter.net|
|Ashley (Duerst) Metelski||District Executivefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Kevin Teegarden||Activities Chairmanemail@example.com|
|Sam Herndon||Advancement Chairmanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Brett Farris||Camping Chairmanemail@example.com|
|Ron McAdams||Communications Chairmanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|David Gosche||Membership Chairmanemail@example.com|
|Kevin McMeel||STEM Chairmanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Sherry Watson||Training Chairman||Sherjz08@gmail.com|
|Sam Herndon||Cape Girardeau/Jackson Day Camp Directoremail@example.com|
|Jennifer Hampton||Chaffee Day Camp Director||Jhampton224@gmail.com|
|Michele Patomson||Product Sales Chair||Jaammin97@yahoo.com|
Shawnee District Popcorn Sales
2020 Important Popcorn Dates
Training Date: August 4th, 6pm - Cape County Park South, Shelter 20
Unit Show & Sell Orders Due: August 15th
Unit Show & Sell Pick up: September 3rd (Buchheit Logistics)
Popcorn Return Date: October 19th
Unit Take Orders Due: October 28th
Unit Take Order Pick up: November 13th (Buchheit Logistics)
Popcorn Payment Due: December 11th
Shawnee District Meeting Schedule
Join your fellow scouting parents and leaders on the first Tuesday of each month for an evening of learning, fellowship, and camaraderie at your Shawnee District Roundtable!
Shawnee District Roundtable normally meets at the Cape Girardeau Public Library at 7pm. However, due to the COVID-19, all Roundtables for the present time will meet virtually via Zoom.
Meeting ID: 989 2878 7958
One tap mobile
+13126266799,,98928787958# US (Chicago)”
Roundtable is a monthly opportunity for all engaged leaders and parents to expand on their knowledge and make important connections with other members in their district scouting community. Enjoy guest speakers from both the community and local packs, troops, and crews covering any number of topics from camping and cooking, to the latest information about scouting’s new opportunities for youth.
For more information about what roundtable is and what is can do for your unit, check out this great article by Bryan Wendell (Sr. editor of Boys’ Life).
Please note, we do not hold Roundtable in June or July.
Online Learning Center
Do you need to take Youth Protection Training (YPT)? Do you need to take your Cub Scout Leader Training? All of this and more can be done while visiting the BSA’s Online Learning Center.
Use your membership number on your ID card to sign in. If you are new to Scouting and do not have a membership number, create a new user name and password. Every time you complete a training session, print out the certificate provided and turn in to your Unit Leader, Committee Chairman or council service center.
Youth Protection Training
Youth protection training is mandatory for ALL registered adults and must be re-taken every two years. Youth safety is the No. 1 concern of the Boy Scouts of America (BSA).
Shawnee District Advancement Committee
Sam Herndon, Chair
Eagle Scout Project Review – 3rd Thursday of each month
Mark Blaylock, chair
Eagle Scout Board of Review – 1st Thursday of each month (except January)
Mark Hurt, chair
“Life to Eagle” seminars are available for Life Scouts, parents, and leaders. Contact Charlie Herbst or Mark Hurt to schedule.
Eagle candidates should contact Mark Blaylock to schedule project review.
Resources / Downloads
- Youth Application | Adult Application (for adult volunteers and new Venturing and Sea Scouting participants who are 18 but not yet 21)
- Criminal Background Check Form
- Scoutreach Assistance Request Form
- Annual Health and Medical Form- Parts A & B only (less than 72 hours)
- Annual Health and Medical Form- Parts A, B & C (physical required)
- New Cub Scout Leader Guide
- New Parent Orientation Guide
- 2019-20 Program Guides
- Unit money-earning application
- Certificate of Insurance – Online Request Form
- Fiscal Policies: Unit Finances & Tax Exemption Status
- Incident Report Form / Near Miss Incident Form
- How to Print Membership Cards
- How to Print Charter Certificates
- Awards and Nomination Forms
- Boy Scouts of America
- Cub Scouts
- Log Unit Service Hours
- Internet Advancement
- Scouting Uniforms
- Merit Badge Counselor Directory
Click here to visit the Rechartering website.
Click here for a brief tutorial (requires Flash Player)
Click here for an overview.
To renew your unit charter on-line:
- Sixty days before your unit’s expiration date, select a renewal processor. This should be someone in your unit who is familiar with the members and leaders of your unit to ensure all information provided through the process is correct.
- Your unit charter renewal packet is distributed to the unit leadership and includes an access code specifically assigned to your unit.
- Thirty to forty-five days before your unit’s expiration date, the renewal processor clicks Recharter Now on this webpage and begins the process.
- When the on-line process is completed, the renewal processor prints the completed charter renewal application.
- The Unit Leader and the Executive Officer sign the charter renewal application. The signed application along with any individual applications for new youth members or adult leaders, and materials received in the charter renewal packet and all appropriate fees, should then be brought to the Council Service Center, or your district’s charter turn-in meeting.
Shawnee District Awards
Silver Beaver Award
The Silver Beaver Award is the highest recognition a Boy Scout council can bestow on an adult volunteer.
Shawnee District Award of Merit
The District Award of Merit recognizes individuals who have made a lasting contribution to the Shawnee District
Shawnee District Spirit of Scouting Award
The Spirit of Scouting recognizing exceptional scouters in the Shawnee District
Shawnee District Glow Plug Award
An award for new scouters who’ve jumped in and done their part to help a unit or scouting in the district.
Platinum Spark Plug Award
An award for long time scouters who’ve made a real contribution to keep your unit running smoothly.
(Completed forms may be returned to the Ritter Service Center, or emailed to District Executive Ashley Metelski)
Shawnee District Previous Award Winners
Allen L. Oliver
Dr. D.W. Mowery
Dr. A.J. Rasche
Harry B. Newman
Jack L. Oliver
Dr. R.A. Ritter
Frank Waltz, Jr.
Dr. Mark Scully
Harold S. Williams
Edward Young, Jr.
John Oliver, Jr.
Narvol Randol, Jr.
Robert Gardner, Jr.
James Kinder, Jr.
John Cochran III
D. Allen Taylor
District Award of Merit
Frank Waltz, Jr.
Robert Friedrich, Jr.
James A. Kinder, Jr.
Ted Ballman, Jr.
John L. Essner
Roy Meystedt, Jr.
John T. Casey
John Cochran III
Robert Francis, Sr.
Narvol Randol, Jr.
Harry Bertrand, Jr.
Wm. Stan Latimer
C. David Wilson
Dr. James Welker
Spirit of Scouting
Sherry (Williams) Watson
If you know of someone that received this award that is not on this list, please email firstname.lastname@example.org