GSLAC Coronavirus Reopening Plan
All service centers and scout shops will re-open to customers on Monday, June 1. Service centers are open from 9 a.m.-4 p.m. (Decatur, Cape & Herrin service centers will close from 12 to 1 p.m. for lunch.)The following safety guidelines will be followed:
- Customers will be required to wear a mask for the duration of their visit. If you do not have a mask, one will be provided for you.
- Plexi-glass barriers have been installed in the lobby of each service center and Scout Shop customer service desk.
- Safety guidelines will be posted and entry and exits clearly marked.
- High-touched areas will be sanitized frequently. The service center phone number will be posted on the front door for customers to request entry.
- Social distancing will be enforced. A distance of at least 6 feet (about 2 arms’ length) needs to be maintained from other people.
- The number of customers allowed in the building may be limited to facilitate social distancing protocols.
Contact-free item pick-up
Contact-free item pick-up is available at the MacArthur Service Center for Eagle certificates, training awards, etc. For service, please press the intercom button at the front door, and notify the receptionist that you have an item-pick-up. The items will be placed on a table between the front office glass doors. You will then be contacted to retrieve your items. This system is for Eagle certificates, training awards, etc. A sign will be posted for where items can be retrieved. For all other service centers, please call to arrange a contact-free pick-up.
The Greater St. Louis Area Council has six Scout Shops to serve its members. For current store hours visit the Council website, https://stlbsa.org/scout-shops/. You can also shop online at any time at ScoutShop.org.
Before entering any of our properties, service centers, or Scout Shops, we ask that you self-screen (in accordance with State guidelines) for COVID-19 symptoms and exposure by asking yourself the following questions:
- Do you have a new cough?
- Do you have a cough that you have had for more than a month, and if so, is the cough worse in frequency or severity?
- Have you felt feverish or had a fever in the past 24 hours?
- If your current temperature is greater than 100.4, you may not enter the Council offices.
- Shortness of breath/difficulty breathing
- Do you feel short of breath or are you having difficulty breathing that is not normal for you?
- Have you had exposure of more than 10 minutes and closer than 6 feet to anyone who has a confirmed diagnosis of COVID-19 in the past 14 days?
If you have answered yes to any of the above questions, please do not enter into any of the offices.
|SUMMER PROGRAM OPPORTUNITIES|
We plan to continually evaluate our program offerings and policies related to COVID-19 on a daily basis and immediately communicate any changes and additions. In the meantime, please stay safe, follow recommended precautions and utilize the camp facilities and programs we’ve made available: