Guide to Safe Scouting
Download a PDF
Download the print-friendly version here. This is the full PDF version that contains updates as of August 2019. Please refer to the online version for the most updated information.
- Updated language throughout to reference “Scouts BSA” rather than “Boy Scouts.”
- Youth Protection and Adult Leadership Clarified language in the Adult Supervision and Accommodations sections.
- Camping Updated information about Webelos overnight camping. Corrected publication number for Pack Overnight Campout Site Appraisal Form and provided URL to access form.
- Sports and Activities Clarified Sea Scout participation in Climbing and Rappelling section.
- Animal and Insect Hazards Replaced entire chapter.
- Incident Reporting Provided URL for incident reporting.
- Appendix Replaced Event Safety Checklist.
- Activity Planning and Risk Assessment Added Prohibited Activities section to replace Unauthorized and Restricted Activities section.