The Lutheran Association on Scouting serves to maintain an open relationship, assist in fulfilling the Scouting needs of Lutheran congregations and meet the religious needs of Scouts and leaders of the Lutheran faith.
The committee will work with unit and district leaders in providing youth of the Lutheran faith an opportunity to experience Scouting while maintaining their religious convictions. Adults will work with youth in earning their religious awards. The Lamb Award is used to recognize outstanding efforts by adult leaders on behalf of youth of the Lutheran faith.
The committee also will:
- Provide Lutheran worship services as requested by camporee committees
- Encourage Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts and Venturers of the Lutheran faith to work toward earning Lutheran religious awards
- Promote Scout Sunday observance
- Encourage the extension of the Scouting program to Lutheran congregations
- Review applications and select recipients for the Lamb Award and the Servant to Youth Award
Room 12 – 7:00 pm
12345 Manchester Rd.
Des Peres, MO 63131
October 6, 2016
November 17, 2016,
February 23, 2017
April 27, 2017
A special thanks goes to Thrivent Financial for Lutherans for supporting our programs!
Chairman, Lutheran Association on Scouting
Rev. Dr. Mart Thompson