Scouting for Food
SCOUTING FOR FOOD
America’s Largest One-day Food Drive
1. All Scouts & Scouters should be in full uniform. The public will be able to identify who you are and what you are doing. It is a great opportunity to display Scouting in a positive light!
2. Scouts should travel in groups of two or more. Adults should be nearby at all times.
3. Scouts should never enter private homes.
4. Be sure to cover any new developments within your assigned area, even if they are not depicted on your map!
Bag Distribution –
1. Bags should be distributed on Saturday, November 10, 2018.
If you need to do it on Friday or Sunday that is fine — please just limit yourself
to reasonable daylight hours.
2. Scouts are encouraged to leave a bag at every private residence.
Note: Apartments with “No Solicitation” signs should only be covered with
prior permission from the Manager (Stop and ask first at the office
if it is okay). Bags are not to be left at businesses.
3. Do not put bags in mailboxes.
4. If you are working a stretch of rural road, then please consider placing
some small rocks in your bags ahead of time to weigh them down. You may
then place them on the ground next to a mailbox.
5. Please notify the SfF Chair if you do not receive a bag at your own house.
Each of you can serve as a “Spot Checker” to ensure than all our areas are
Bag Pick-up –
1. Bags should be picked-up between 9 AM and 3 PM on Saturday, November 17th, 2018. If there is no bag outside a home, Scouts may knock or ring the bell to ask for a donation.
2. The collection sites open at 9 AM and close when units are no longer delivering goods to them. This happens around 1 PM at the smaller locations and no later than 4 PM at the largest.
3. Please make a second sweep / drive by of your area in the early afternoon
to collect any bags that might have been missed, or put out late.
Extra Bags –
1. If you run short on bags, please contact the District Director, District Executive, or SfF Chair to see if extra bags are still in stock (they probably are). If you have over half a box left, then please email the SfF Chair so the district can allocate bags better next year.
Collection Locations –
1. If you want New Horizons to get credit for the food, then please be sure
to drop it off at one of our assigned Fire Houses / Collection Locations:
|FIREHOUSE||FH ADDRESS||FH CITY STATE ZIP|
|Shrewsbury||4400 Shrewsbury||St Louis MO 63119|
|Brentwood||2348 Brentwood Blvd||St Louis MO 63144|
|Webster Groves||6 South Elm||St Louis MO 63119|
|Glendale||424 Sappington Rd||St Louis MO 63122|
|Kirkwood No. 2||11804 Big Bend Blvd||St Louis MO 63122|
|Des Peres||1000 North Ballas Road||St Louis MO 63131|
|Monarch HQ||13725 Olive||St Louis MO 63146|
|West County No. 1||223 Henry Avenue||Ballwin MO 63011|
|Metro West Station 2||1000 New Ballwin Rd||Ballwin MO 63021|
|Monarch No. 1||15700 Baxter Road||Chesterfield MO 63017|
|Eureka United Methodist Church||Central & Third||Eureka MO 63025|
|Metro West Station 3||Manchester & 109||Grover MO 63040|
Feedback / Questions / Comments –
1. Please direct all feedback / questions / comments to the Scouting for Food Chair: