Scouting for Food
“SCOUTING FOR FOOD”
( America’s largest one-day Food drive )
1. All Scouts & Scouters should be in full uniform. The public will be able to identify who you are and what you are doing.It is also a great opportunity to display scouting in a most positive light!
2. Scouts should travel in groups of two or more (i.e., the buddy system).Adults should be nearby at all times.
3. The Scouts should NEVER enter private homes. Again, please do not enter the houses!
4. Be sure to cover any new developments within your assigned Area; even if they are not depicted on your map! (Check Google Maps — See below!)
1. Ideally bags should be distributed on Saturday. November 11, 2017.
If you need to do it on Friday or Sunday that is fine — please just limit yourself
to reasonable daylight hours. Bags may actually be distributed thru Thursday.
2. Scouts are encouraged to leave a bag at every private residence.
Note: Apartments with “No Solicitation” signs should only be covered with
prior permission from the Manager (i.e., Simply stop, and ask first at the office
if it is ok.). Bags are not to be left at businesses.
3. Do not put bags in mailboxes.
If you are working a stretch of rural road, then please consider placing
some small rocks in your bags ahead of time to weigh them down. You may
then place them on the ground next to a mailbox.
4. Please notify us if YOU do not receive a bag at your own house !!
Each of you can serve as a “Spot Checker” to ensure than all our Areas are
covered & no houses are missed by simply calling / e-mailing your SFF Chair.
Bag Pick-up –
1. Bags should be picked-up between 10 am – 3 pm on Saturday, November 18th, 2017.
Note: The Collection Stations open at 10:00 am and close at 4:00 pm. If there is no
bag outside a home, Scouts may knock or ring the bell to ask for a donation.
2. Please make a second sweep / drive by of your area in the early afternoon
to collect any bags that might have been missed, or put out late.
Extra Bag Depots –
1. If you run short on bags, then please contact your SFF Chairman
to see if any extra bags are still in stock. If you have over half a box left, then please return them to:
Collection Locations –
1. If you want New Horizons to get credit for the food, then please be sure
to drop it off at one of our assigned Fire House / Collections Locations:
|FIREHOUSE||FH ADDRESS||FH CITY STATE ZIP|
|Metro West No. 3 – Manchester & Highway 109||c/o Metro West Fire Protection District P O Box 310||Grover MO 63040|
|Monarch HQ||13725 Olive||St Louis MO 63146|
|Monarch No. 1||15700 Baxter Road||Chesterfield MO 63017|
|West County No. 1||223 Henry Avenue||Ballwin MO 63011|
|Brentwood||2348 Brentwood Boulevard||St Louis MO 63144|
|Kirkwood No. 2||11804 Big Bend Boulevard||St Louis MO 63122|
|Selvidge Middle School||235 New Ballwin Rd||Ballwin MO 63021|
|Eureka United Methodist Church||Central & Third||Eureka, MO|
|Des Peres||1000 North Ballas Road||St Louis MO 63131|
|Shrewsbury||4400 Shrewsbury||St Louis MO 63119|
|Webster Groves||#6 South Elm||St Louis MO 63119|
Feedback / Questions / Comments –
1. Please direct all feedback / questions / comments to: