Boy Scout – Eagle Scout
Eagle Scout Rank Process
The Eagle Boards of Review meet on the first, second and fourth Wednesday of each month at Parkway United Church of Christ (2841 N. Ballas Rd.) from 7-9 p.m. Directions
Scheduling a Project Proposal Review
- You will need to make sure that you are using the most current Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook, it is linked to the National site here:
Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook.
- Your proposal nees to be be reviewed and signed by the Benefiting organization representative, your Unit leader, and a Committee member.
Scheduling a Final Eagle Board of Review
Before calling, your Eagle Application will need to be signed by Council signed and returned to you.
When bringing your paperwork to Council, you will need to bring:
- Twenty-One (21) merit badge cards that are listed on the Eagle Scout Application.
- A Statement of Ambitions and Life Purpose
- Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook
- Five letters of recommendation sealed in envelopes (letters should match the references on Requirement #2 of your Eagle Scout Application)
To be fair to all scouts, appointments will be made first-come / first-serve and if you call before the necessary signatures are in place, you may be placed at the back of the line.
To schedule an appointment
New Horizons Appointment Line: (314) 384-2482
Call the New Horizons District Eagle Board of Review’s Appointment Line and leave a message.
Remember to speak slowly and clearly so that your call can be returned:
a. Your name (please spell your last name)
b. Phone number
c. Troop number
d. Best time for us to reach you
e. Project Proposal Review or Final Eagle Board of Review
f. If you require a specific week or just the next available appointment.
Appointments are NOT finalized until a Weekly Coordinator has contacted you. Make sure that the number you leave is correct and that a voicemail can be left. The Weekly Coordinator will review the requirements for your respective board and provide you with a date and time for your review.
Our weekly coordinators are:
First Wednesday of the month:
Second Wednesday of the month:
Mrs. Lee– Email
Fourth Wednesday of the month:
Scouts with Special Needs
Parents & Leaders – If you have a Scout with special needs, help us help your Scouts. Please feel free to let the weekly coordinator know. We have specially trained reviewers that we can ask to participate.
Eagle Scout Process Overview – pdf
Life to Eagle Workshop Handout – pdf
Age Guidelines for Tool Use and Work at Elevations or Excavations – pdf
Board of Review Powerpoint – pptx
If you have any questions about the Eagle Scout process please contact:
New Horizons Eagle Board of Review Chairman
New Horizons District Advancement Chairman