Greater St. Louis Area Career Exploring
“Discover Your Future”
What is Exploring?
Exploring is a Youth Career/Workforce Development program for young men and women 14-20 years old (or 13 and have completed eighth grade).
- Youth gain unique, real-life opportunities to experience many career choices.
- We help youth make informed decisions about future careers by having career programs directly with local companies
- We strive for youth to save time by learning if certain careers are for them while in high school and college
- Youth gain practical insight and hands-on knowledge in a career field of their choice.
- We are a program offered through the Greater St. Louis Area Boy Scouts of America.
What We Do
- Work with local companies in various career fields for them to host potential youth explorers from the Greater St. Louis Area, which are called exploring “posts”
- Invite co-ed youth ages 14-20 from the community, schools, and youth organizations to participate in our posts
- Connect youth to career posts based on their desired career field
“To shape the workplace of tomorrow by engaging and mentoring today’s youth in career and life enhancing opportunities.”
How Exploring Works for Students
Students go to local companies monthly to learn the in’s and out’s of their desired career field
What We Can Offer Students
We offer real-life career experiences in a variety of career fields. You’re welcome to try one or many!
|Greater St. Louis Area Career Sectors|
Tell Us More
We want to know more about you. Please take our Career Interest Survey so that we may better place you in one of our local career posts.
Not sure who to contact? For all general inquiries or requests for more information, please email us:
Follow, Like, and Share!
St. Louis Area Field Team
T’Shon Young – Learning For Life/Exploring Field Director
Fred Lee – Exploring Director
Julie Monken – Senior Exploring Executive
Abdul Abdullah – Exploring Executive