The Thunderbird District serves the city of St. Louis south of Interstate 44.
2020-2021 District Calendar Is Ready!
Here is the year’s calendar at a glance!
Update on Scoutfest 2020:
“ScoutFest will not be cancelled. If, due to safety concerns related to COVID-19 (which we are monitoring closely), we need to postpone ScoutFest to a later date, we will promptly advise everyone of the new date. If conflicts prevent participants from attending the event on the new date, all registration fees will be fully refunded upon request. So spread the word and continue to register for ScoutFest 2020!”
Go on-line to https://www.scoutfest2020.com/ and complete your registration for ScoutFest.
More ScoutFest 2020 info on the “Activities and Camping” tab
By now everyone is aware of COVID-19 (Coronavirus) and its arrival to our area. The Greater St. Louis Area Council’s top priority is the health and safety of our Scouts, Volunteers, Staff, and their family members. Given the rapidly changing situation, it’s best to err on the side of caution and either limit or cancel certain activities and events. Here is the letter sent from the GSLAC:
- All UNITS are to discontinue in-person meetings and all activities including camping trips.
- All DISTRICT and COUNCIL in-person meetings, activities, and camps are cancelled. Instead, consider using technology apps such as Zoom, Skype, Facetime, Duo, or Google Hangouts.
- All COUNCIL camps will be CLOSED.
- All SERVICE CENTERS will be closed. Council staff will be working remotely per CDC social distancing recommendations. Minimal services will continue via remote functions.
- Continue advancement by focusing on merit badge requirements that can be completed at home.
- Contact your merit badge counselor via email, Facetime, etc. (remember Youth Protection training with no one-on-one communication between youth and adult).
- Do a good turn daily. Look for ways to contribute to your community while staying safe.
- Stay in contact with friends and families in your unit even if it’s just to say hi via a phone call, Facetime, Duo or Google hangouts.
- As a unit leader, now is a good time to take online trainings and renew your Youth Protection Training.
- Encourage unit, district, and Council committees to continue normally scheduled meetings using technology apps such as Zoom, Skype, Facetime, Duo, or Google Hangouts.