High Adventure Training Course
Fall Course: August 26 | Camp Joy
Fall Course Registration Form
Ask yourself these questions:
- Are you an adult Scouter?
- Do you have basic camping experience?
- Have you completed Scoutmaster Indoor and Outdoor Training?
- Do you want to keep older Scouts in your troop by developing a robust High Adventure program?
If you answered “Yes” to these, try the following questions:
- Do you keep older Scouts involved in your Troop with a robust High Adventure program?
- Do you have the skills and confidence to lead one?
- Do you know how to start one?
If you answered “No” to these, then we can help!
Unit Leader High Adventure Training Course is designed for the adult Scouter and experienced youth Scouts who understand the role high adventure plays in keeping older youth involved in Scouting. This course will give you the skills and confidence to realize your vision of high adventure in your troop or crew. Your Council High Adventure Training Team will help you deliver the promise.
The training is two parts, an indoor classroom session where you’ll get the basics, and an outdoor practical session in which you’ll put into what you learned into practice- plus you’ll learn more.
- Aug. 26, Camp Joy (indoor session) and Oct. 7-8, Location TBD (outdoor session)
- Jan. 27, during University of Scouting at Collinsville High School and April 21-22, Location TBD (outdoor session)
Indoor sessions run 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m., while the outdoor sessions are 8 a.m. Saturday through noon Sunday. You must register for the Indoor sessions no later than August 13 and February 18. Class size is limited to 12 adult Scouters. Participants must have a current Annual Health and Medical Record Parts A, B, and C Form.
Contact any of the High Adventure Training Team for more info:
|Jon Jonas||Council High Adventure Chairemail@example.com|
|George Ripplinger||Council High Adventure Training Team Lead, Council High Adventure Committeefirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Larry Strube||Council Training Chair, Council High Adventure Training Teamemail@example.com|