Saturday, October 7 | 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Beaumont Scout Reservation
and additional locations, see below for details!
$10 per Cub Scout and Cub Scout-age siblings
Registration open soon.
Cub Launch is a one day event where a Cub Scout will get to experience all things Cub Scouting including fishing, shooting sports, STEM experiments, community guest presenters, and much more! New this year… every Cub Scout will have the opportunity to earn their Bobcat requirement! The first advancement a Cub Scout can get. This event is perfect for brand new Cub Scouts as well as Cub Scouts who want to spend a fun Saturday Scouting!
WHO: Cub Scouts and Siblings $10 (the whole family is invited!)
WHAT: Outdoor activities include, fishing, BB guns, archery, slingshots, STEM experiments, leatherworking, earn the Bobcat Badge, horseback riding, campfire cooking, and much more! (each location’s activities are subject to change)
All locations will be set up open-house style, so come and go as you please. Stay for a couple hours or the entire time, whatever is best for you.
Picnic lunches are encouraged but concessions and trading post souvenirs will be available for purchase.
WHEN and WHERE:
- Beaumont Scout Reservation: Saturday October 7th 2017 from 9AM to 3PM (more details below)
- Wentzville United Methodist Church (Boone Trails): Saturday October 7th 2017 from 9AM to 1PM
- Cape Girardeau (North Cape County Park): Saturday October 7th 2017 from 9AM to 1PM
- Mineral Area College (OZT): Saturday October 7th 2017 from 9AM to 12PM
- Camp Warren Levis (Piasa Bird & Cahokia Mounds): Saturday October 7th 2017 from 9AM to 12PM
- Camp Vandeventer (Kaskaskia): Saturday October 7th 2017 from 9AM to 3PM
- Camp Joy (Black Gold): Saturday October 7th 2017 from 9AM to 1PM
- O’Fallon IL Sportsman Club (St. Clair): Saturday October 7th 2017 from
- Sikeston Jaycees Golf Course (Cherokee): Saturday October 21st 2017 from
*New this year* Come fish with us at Beaumont with a portable pond with live fish. Learn to filet carp, cast, how to bait a hook, and test your luck in the pond! Also new this year, stop by the Cub Scout Council Ring to earn your Bobcat badge, the first Cub Scout advancement requirement and jump start your year as a Cub Scout!
Other activities at Beaumont will include horseback riding, mud cave, cub world exploration, bounce house, science projects, bottle rockets, mock campsite, search and rescue demonstration, disc golf, earn your Bobcat, gardening with the Botanical Gardens, and the list goes on and on!
Coming from far away? Contact us about staying the night at Beaumont in one of our campsites. Campsites and lodge accommodations are available, please call 314-361-0600.