Whether you’re looking for information regarding the many Advancement opportunities or Awards that may be won, you’ve come to the right place!
Click on the drop-downs below to explore the opportunities that are available to leaders, parents, and youth.
The (original) Internet Advancement platform was closed June 10, 2019 for use by Packs, Troops, Crews, and Ships. This platform is still available for use by Explorer Posts. When a unit tries to login or create an account, they will be redirected to a landing page with additional explanation on the changes.
A service project is a special Good Turn that puts Scout spirit into action. Projects can take many forms such as a community cleanup, repairing a place of worship, improving a wildlife habitat, or organizing a recycling effort. Start now reporting all service hours. It is a key measurement goal in the Journey to Excellence program. Don’t miss out on valuable points for your JTE unit award.
To learn more, click here.
Memorial Day Good Turn
Scouts of all ages are invited to participate in the Memorial Day Good Turn.
To learn more, click here and scroll down to find the event.
Reaching the Top
The rank of Eagle Scout is the highest and most prestigious achievement a Scout can achieve. Highly respected, the title of Eagle Scout carries with it a special significance not only in Scouting, but also in school, business and the community for a lifetime. To attain Eagle, a Scout must earn at least 21 merit badges, display leadership and outdoor skills, demonstrate by example the Scout Oath and Law and complete a comprehensive service project in the community.
Virtual Eagle Trail Merit Badge Workshop
December 28th - 30th, 2020.
This new workshop for 2020 will allow Scouts to work on 3 different Eagle required merit badges over three days from 8:45am to 12pm.
Learn more and register HERE.
Eagle Rank Resources
Merit Badge Counselors
If you experience any issues with the Merit Badge Counselor process please contact:
Donna Baer 314-256-3126
- Fillable Blue Cards
- Becoming a Merit Badge Counselor / Changes to a Counselor record / Annual Renewals
- Directory and Online Application
- Guide for Merit Badge Counseling
Merit Badge Skill Centers
- Council Approved Program Partners, click here to see classes offered.
- GSLAC Merit Badge Group Instruction Policy Form
- Council Supported Merit Badges
- Crime Prevention October 21 and November 2 from 7:00pm - 8:30pm. Register
- Horsemanship - October 27, October 29, November 3, November 5 from 5:30pm - 9:00pm. Register
- Citizenship in the Community - November 7 from 11:00am - 1:00pm. Register
- STEM U SIUE Scouts BSA College – November 7 from 9am - 4pm. Register
- Soil and Water Conservation - November 7. Register
- Emergency Preparedness - November 8 and 15 from 10-11:30am Register
- Citizenship in the World - December 5 from 8 am to 12 pm. Register
- Environmental Science - December 9 and 16 from 6:30-8:00pm Register
- Eagle Trail Winter Workshop - December 28-30 from 9:00am to Noon Register
- Learning and Earning