Whether you’re looking for information regarding the many Advancement opportunities or Awards that may be won, you’ve come to the right place!
Click on the drop-downs below to explore the opportunities that are available to leaders, parents, and youth.
The (original) Internet Advancement platform was closed June 10, 2019 for use by Packs, Troops, Crews, and Ships. This platform is still available for use by Explorer Posts. When a unit tries to login or create an account, they will be redirected to a landing page with additional explanation on the changes.
A service project is a special Good Turn that puts Scout spirit into action. Projects can take many forms such as a community cleanup, repairing a place of worship, improving a wildlife habitat, or organizing a recycling effort. Start now reporting all service hours. It is a key measurement goal in the Journey to Excellence program. Don’t miss out on valuable points for your JTE unit award.
To learn more, click here.
Memorial Day Good Turn
Scouts of all ages are invited to participate in the Memorial Day Good Turn.
To learn more, click here and scroll down to find the event.
Reaching the Top
The rank of Eagle Scout is the highest and most prestigious achievement a Scout can achieve. Highly respected, the title of Eagle Scout carries with it a special significance not only in Scouting, but also in school, business and the community for a lifetime. To attain Eagle, a Scout must earn at least 21 merit badges, display leadership and outdoor skills, demonstrate by example the Scout Oath and Law and complete a comprehensive service project in the community.
Merit Badge Counselors
If you experience any issues with the Merit Badge Counselor process please contact:
Donna Baer 314-256-3126
- Fillable Blue Cards
- Becoming a Merit Badge Counselor / Changes to a Counselor record / Annual Renewals
- Directory and Online Application
- Guide for Merit Badge Counseling
Merit Badge Skill Centers
- To view the available badges, click here.
- GSLAC Merit Badge Group Instruction Policy Form
- The Virtual Merit Badge Clinics
- Fishing - September 12 from 9:00am - 12:15pm. Register.
- Horsemanship - September 15, 17, 22 and 24. Register.
- Fly Fishing - September 19 from 9:00am - 12:15pm. Register.
- NESA Advancement Day - September 19 from 8:30am - 4:00pm. Register.
- Climbing - September 19 from 9:00am - 4:00pm. Register.
- Art - September 19 from 12:00pm - 1:30pm. Register.
- Personal Management - September 22 and 29 from 6:00pm - 8:00pm. Register.
- Pulp & Paper - In-person (Beaumont) September 26 from 1:00pm - 4:00pm. Register.
- Fish and Wildlife Management - September 26 from 9:00am - 12:15pm. Register.
- Rifle Shooting - October 7, 8 or 9 from 9:00am - 2:00pm. Register.
- Railroading - October 3 from 6:00pm - 7:30pm. Register.
- Cooking - October 10 or 21. See link for times. Register.
- Shooting (Rifle & Shotgun) - October 10 from 9:00am - 4:00pm. Register.
- Photography - October 11 from 1:30pm - 3:30pm. Register.
- Shooting (Rifle & Shotgun) - October 17 from 9:00am - 4:00pm. Register.
- Shooting (Rifle & Shotgun) - October 24 from 9:00am - 4:00pm. Register.
- Citizenship in the Community - October 24 from 11:00am - 1:00pm. Register.
- Complete Angler – Fishing related badges- On site - October 25 from 8:00am - 4:00pm. Register.
- Horsemanship - October 27, October 29, November 3, November 5 from 5:30pm - 9:00pm. Register.
- Citizenship in the Community - November 7 from 11:00am - 1:00pm. Register.
- Learning and Earning