Whether you’re looking for information regarding the many Advancement opportunities or Awards that may be earned, you’ve come to the right place!
Click on the drop-downs below to explore the opportunities that are available to leaders, parents, and youth.
The (original) Internet Advancement platform was closed June 10, 2019 for use by Packs, Troops, Crews, and Ships. This platform is still available for use by Explorer Posts. When a unit tries to login or create an account, they will be redirected to a landing page with additional explanation on the changes.
Summer of Service
Join Scouting families across the country in a spirited Summer of Service! As we have throughout our history, Scouting families are answering the call to work together in service of the greater good. From public health drives, to caring for the environment, to assisting neighbors in need, Scouts have always been a force for positivity and goodness in our communities. Now more than ever, our world needs that Scouting spirit once again. Let’s step up! Together, we can answer the call to make a positive impact in our neighborhoods and communities. Join us today, with projects big or small, in a Summer of Service!
Learn more here.
Reaching the Top
The rank of Eagle Scout is the highest and most prestigious achievement a Scout can achieve. Highly respected, the title of Eagle Scout carries with it a special significance not only in Scouting, but also in school, business and the community for a lifetime. To attain Eagle, a Scout must earn at least 21 merit badges, display leadership and outdoor skills, demonstrate by example the Scout Oath and Law and complete a comprehensive service project in the community.
NESA Advancement Days
May 8, 2021 @ Camp Warren Levis - Register Here
August 14, 2021 @ Camp Warren Levis - Registration Link Coming Soon
Eagle Scout Extension Process
Eagle Scout Time Extension Request Info
- Eagle Extension Instructions
- Eagle Extension Form (Submit this form to email@example.com)
- Eagle Extension FAQ
- Eagle Extension Request and Review Process
- Appealing A Time Extension Request Denial
- Appeal of Extension Request Denial Form
Important Information to Note about Eagle Extensions
The Council has authority to grant limited extensions of time to complete Eagle, Quartermaster and Summit requirements. This will be reviewed at a local level rather than through National.
The Council is required to follow the new Guide to Advancement rules. These will be included in the next publication and are available now at www.scouting.org/advancement.
Extensions are available only to youth members who qualify under the three tests listed In the new guide material.
Extensions that were approved under the COVID-19 authority remain valid until their deadline date.
Any new or additional time request will have to be submitted using the 2021 process.
Eagle Rank Resources
- Electronic Eagle Scout Application Process
- Life to Eagle Process
- Eagle Scout Scholarship Opportunities
- Eagle Scout Association
- License Plates
Eagle Trail Workshop
2021 Eagle Trail Workshops
Jump start your journey along the trail to Eagle with these workshops! The workshop is a unique experience where Scouts work with counselors on three Eagle required badges and the Life-to-Eagle process for a full week, Monday through Thursday from 5:30pm to 8:30pm.
2021 Workshop Dates
August 2nd - 5th | Beaumont Scout Reservation | Register Here
December 27th - 29th | Virtual Program | Registration Link Coming Soon
Thanks to our 2021 Eagle Trail Workshop Sponsor!
Merit Badge Counselors
If you experience any issues with the Merit Badge Counselor process please contact:
Donna Baer 314-256-3126
- Fillable Blue Cards
- Becoming a Merit Badge Counselor / Changes to a Counselor record / Annual Renewals
- Directory and Online Application
- Guide for Merit Badge Counseling
Merit Badge Skill Centers
- Click here to see classes offered by Council Approved Program Partners
- GSLAC Merit Badge Group Instruction Policy Form
- Learning and Earning
Cub Advancement Workshops
Looking for fun advancement opportunities for your Cub Scouts? Well look no further!
- Lion - Fun on the Run | Health Works - St. Louis, MO | July 10th | Register Here
- Lion - Ready Set, Grow | Health Works - St. Louis, MO | July 10th | Register Here
- Tiger - Tiger Bites | Health Works - St. Louis, MO | July 10th | Register Here
- Wolf - Call of the Wilde | Health Works - St. Louis, MO | July 10th | Register Here
- Wolf - Germs Alive Adventure |Discovery Playhouse - Cape Girardeau, MO | June 19th | Register Here
- Wolf - Dino Dig Workshop |Discovery Playhouse - Cape Girardeau, MO | July 17th | Register Here
- Wolf - Motor Away Workshop | Discovery Playhouse - Cape Girardeau, MO | Aug. 21st | Register Here
- Bear - Super Science Bear | Discovery Playhouse - Cape Girardeau, MO | Sept. 18th | Register Here
- Wolf - Air of the Wolf | Discovery Playhouse - Cape Girardeau, MO | Oct. 16th | Register Here
- Wolf - Germs Alive | Discovery Playhouse - Cape Girardeau, MO |Nov. 20th | Register Here
- Wolf - Motor Away | Discovery Playhouse - Cape Girardeau, MO | Dec. 18th | Register Here
University of Scouting
University of Scouting
Thank you to everyone that made the first ever virtual University of Scouting such a success!
University of Scouting is an event that offers the widest variety of Merit Badge clinics as well as training opportunities, in all program areas, all in one place! You will find just about anything to do with Scouting at University of Scouting whether you are a Scout, leader, commissioner, or parent!
Mark your calendars for the 2022 University of Scouting on January 29th, 2022!
Scouts BSA Voyageur Workshop
What is it?
Calling all Scouts BSA! We have an action-packed event that is designed to help our first-year Scouts along their advancement trail and enjoy some of the fun activities available at our camps. The workshop runs from 9:00am to 4:30pm.
Join us for Map and Compass, Fire Building, First Aid, and Knots and Lashing instruction. Scouts will also get to try their hand at shooting sports! Don’t miss this chance to have an awesome day at camp while fulfilling many Scout through First Class rank requirements!
***Check back! Fall 2021 locations to be announced soon!***