Scouting For Food
Scouting for Food
America's largest one-day food drive!Despite the challenges of the COVID-19 Pandemic, Scouts were able to make a big impact in 2020. Over $50,000 dollars was raised which equals approximately 200,000 meals provided to local families in need. We were also able to collect and donate over 145,000 food items to local pantries. And in 2021, we were able to resume traditional food collection practices and collected 1.98 million items.
Click Here to check out the 2022 drive details!
Holiday Parents' Night Out
Holiday Parents’ Night Out
Saturday December 3rd 4PM to 9:30PM
What is it?
Parents enjoy a night out to get some holiday shopping done! Join us for a festive holiday evening at Beaumont where you can drop your Cub Scouts off so you can get started on your holiday shopping or just enjoy a night out! Parents are still welcome to stay to attend the fun if you want!
- Cub Scouts ages 7-12 (all lion and tiger cub scouts younger than the 2nd grade must still be accompanied by an adult partner per BSA youth protection standards)
- All Cub Scouts can be dropped off except for lions and tigers, who must be accompanied by an adult - parents are still welcome to attend the event and be part of the fun!
- Activities: Cub Scouts games, pizza party, holiday storytelling time, and holiday movies (the movies will be Elf and Home Alone)!
- Each child will receive dinner and a snack during the movie included with their registration fee.
- Dinner: two slices of pizza, a cookie, and a drink
- Location: Emerson Center at Beaumont Scout Reservation
- Cost is $30 per child (and each additional sibling is $25)
STEM University Fall 2022 - Spring 2023 is on!
What is STEM University?
STEM University is a full day event for Cub Scouts (Wolf, Bear, Webelos, & AOL) and Scouts BSA, focused on earning STEM-based advancements and NOVA awards.
Scouts will get to visit a University, work with STEM experts, and participate in fun, hands-on educational activities. See below for locations and dates.
Upcoming Events - registration links will be coming!
STEM U SIUC - February 25, 2023
STEM College - Lake Land College - March 18, 2023
March 18, 2023 - Beaumont Scout Reservation
Registration coming December 2022
The Shoot-O-Ree is open to registered Cub Scouts, Scouts BSA, and Venturers. Scout-age siblings may participate too. Cub Scouts and Cub Scout-age siblings should have an adult partner present throughout the day.
All activities run from 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Scouts and Venturers - stop by at any time and stay for as long as they like.
Cub Scouts: BB gun shooting, archery, sling shots, water balloons, rubber band shooters, marshmallow shooters, and more!
Scouts BSA and Venturers: Tomahawk throwing, handguns, catapult launching, shotguns, rifles and archery - Scouts BSA and Venturers will get to enjoy a wider variety of shooting at the rifle range.
All registered and paid participants will receive a wristband and punch card for access to Shoot-O-Ree activities. Shooting activities include BB gun shooting, archery, sling shots, and more.
Just a few reminders and details regarding the event:
- This event is not a drop off/ pick up event, meaning parents/guardians/unit leaders must attend with the scouts.
- Don't forget to bring water bottles and closed toe shoes. While rain is not in the forecast, the event will occur rain or shine.
Note: Shooting activities require instruction and a safety briefing. Safety around firearms is a key lesson to learn in life.
Parent & Pal
Camp Warren Levis
April 21st - 23rd 2023
Parents, join your Scout as they dive deeper into the true Spirit of Scouting at beautiful Camp Warren Levis. Make wonderful memories with your scout(s) as they catch their first fish, hit their first bulls-eyes, climb the tower, and explore the adventure and fun of the outdoors during Parent & Pal 2023.
Mom & Me
Camp Warren Levis
SAVE THE DATE! September 22-24th 2023
Mom & Me is a weekend camp for Cub Scouts and their moms (or guardians), packed with activities and outdoor adventure. Enjoy camp favorites like archery, BB guns, hiking, arts and crafts, games, and more! Every year has a unique and fun theme that ties into the event shirts, crafts, and games.
Not an expert camper, mom? No worries, we provide all the meals and programs. You just need a tent, a sleeping bag, and an overnight bag with any weekend-away essentials.
Cub Launch Activities
October 1st 2022
Spend a day at camp with the whole family doing all the things Cub Scouts love to do!
BB gun shooting, Archery, Hike the Bobcat Trail (learn what you need to know to get your Bobcat badge!), and STEM demonstrations and activities are just a few of the exciting things available.
Click here to learn more and find the location nearest you!
Fall Fright Fest
Fall Fright Fest Event Details:
- When? October 15th, 2022
- Where? Beaumont Scout Reservation
- What is it? Start the event with a storyteller who sets the scene, encounter the haunted forest, walk through the pirate ship, explore the fort, and then end your walk with homemade slime and receive a goody bag full of treats!
- Sessions leave every 15-30 minutes. Guides will walk you through the event.
- Event Cost: $10 per attendee
- Who can attend? Cub Scout and sibling friendly and age appropriate.
- Trading post and food concessions are available for purchase!
- Worried about being spooked? We recommend attending in the afternoon, but the whole event is for Cub Scouts and is age appropriate.
Haunted Hayrides is a spooky good time for children and adults of all ages!
Held over two weekends in October at Camp Warren Levis, this event is open to all Scout units, Scout families and the general public. Each hayride ride lasts about 20 minutes, showing the spookier, scarier side of Camp Warren Levis. Keep an eye out for the goblins and ghouls, and be careful about that noise in the woods…Come early or stay after your ride for time around the bonfire, and enjoy some chili and hot chocolate from the concessions stand.
October 21st, 22nd, 28th, 29th
Want To Do The Haunting?
Is your Troop or Crew interested in helping put on the event? If so, click HERE to register to help.
Rhodes France Scout Reservation
Spook-O-Ree Event Details:
- Please join us for a weekend of fun "down on the farm" at Rhodes France scout reservation! This will be a farm themed Halloween weekend campout geared for the whole family. There will be activities for all age ranges of cub scouters and their families (including shooting sports, scout skills, and more!). Bring the whole crew plenty of fun things to do for siblings, parents and even grandparents. Families will move into camp on Friday, October 21st and will depart camp on Sunday, October 23rd. The Friday evening meal is up to the unit/campers to provide (most units either eat before they come or have a wiener roast at their campsite!). We hope to see everyone there for this great weekend.
October 21-23, 2022 | Rhodes France Scout Reservation | Registration opens July 4, 2022 Register Here