Cub Launch Saturdays
Saturdays in September and October at multiple locations including Beaumont Scout Reservation
$10 per Cub Scout and Cub Scout-age siblings
Sponsored by Zanfel Laboratories
Due to COVID-19, the local county, and state safety regulations, what has been previously known as “Cub Launch” will now go by the name of Cub Launch Saturdays. It is a spin on the regular Cub Launch program and provides new and existing Cub Scouts an opportunity to go to camp and safely participate in Scouting activities.
Cub Scout Saturday Activities:
BB gun shooting, Archery, Hike the Bobcat Trail (learn what you need to know to get your Bobcat badge!), and a STEM demonstration and activity **activities may change depending on location, the activities listed here are at Beaumont Scout Reservation
- Each Saturday session will adhere to 50-person maximum restrictions and 6 feet of social distancing
- Due to the maximum attendee restrictions we ask that only one parent attends with a child or one parent with multiple children to ensure as many kids can get a great experience.
- Masks are required for each person over the age of 9 years old in Missouri; 2 years or older in Illinois
- Each registration link below will have more information based on that specific location
Locations & Dates:
- Beaumont Scout Reservation: Sept. 12, 19, 26 & Oct 3, 10, 17, 24 REGISTER HERE
- Wentzville: Sept 19 & Oct 3 REGISTER HERE
- Cape Girardeau Jackson City Park: Sept. 19 REGISTER HERE
- Camp Vandeventer: Sept. 19 REGISTER HERE
- Camp Joy: Sept. 19 REGISTER HERE
- Rhodes France: Sept. 19 & 26 REGISTER HERE
- O'Fallon Sportsman Club: Oct 3 & 17 REGISTER HERE
- Camp Warren Levis: Sept. 26 REGISTER HERE
- Ozark Trail Blazers: Oct. 3 REGISTER HERE
Scouting For Food
On Saturday, Nov. 14, thousands of Scouts will deliver more than 1 million blue Scouting for Food bags throughout the St. Louis metro area, southeast Missouri, and southern Illinois. They will return one week later on Nov. 21 to collect the bags full of donated canned goods.
By giving to Scouting For Food, residents are helping those in need right in their own community. With the help of Sunset Transportation, food donations in the St. Louis area are delivered to the St. Louis Area Foodbank for further distribution to over 500 hunger-relief programs and local agencies in the bi-state area. In southeast Missouri and southern Illinois, Scouts take donations directly to local food pantries.
When it comes to donations, canned fruits, vegetables, soups, tuna, chicken, and pasta sauce, and meals in a box, such as hamburger helper, are most needed. Last year, Scouting for Food gathered 1.9 million items of food which provided more than 1 million meals for the needy.
Residents who do not receive a bag can take canned food donations to any Goodwill store location Nov. 22-28.
- Spread the word! To donate virtually, text “SCOUTFOOD” to 91999 – all monetary donations will be donated to the St. Louis Foodbank and Operation Food Search. A $1 donation = 4 meals!
2020 Scouting for Food Patch Orders! Get yours before they are gone!
To order visit: Link Coming Soon
Scouting for Food Collection Sites
It takes a great deal of community support, planning, cooperation, dedication and volunteers to make Scouting for Food the largest single-day community food drive in the Boy Scouts of America. Started in 1985 by the Greater St. Louis Area Council, Scouting for Food has expanded to other councils across the country.
More than 30,000 Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts and Venture Scouts annually help the needy as they collect approximately 2 million cans of food during the Scouting for Food drive. The Greater St. Louis Area Council has collected more than 55 million cans of food during the 34-year history of the drive.
Items collected serve approximately 500 pantries within the Greater St. Louis Area Council, which includes the St. Louis metropolitan area, southeastern Missouri, and southern Illinois.
Scouts in the St. Louis area take donations to fire stations where it is sorted and boxed. Sunset Transportation Inc. of Sunset Hills provides trucks, equipment and volunteer drivers. It also coordinates all logistics for the food collection, which involves transporting boxed food from more than 35 area fire stations to the St. Louis Area Foodbank & Operation Food Search. The Foodbank & Operation Food Search distributes the canned goods through a network of more than 700 area food pantries and organizations.
What kind of food donations are needed? Read our suggestions on the “Perfect Bag.”
Fall Fright Fest
October 12 from 2–9 p.m.
Beaumont Scout Reservation
Register at https://scoutingevent.com/312-2019FallFrightFest
Fall Fright Fest Event Details:
- What is it? Start the event with a storyteller who sets the scene, encounter the haunted forest, walk through the pirate ship, explore the fort, and then end your walk with homemade slime and receive a goody bag full of treats!
- Sessions leave every 15-30 minutes. Guides will walk you through the event.
- Event Cost: $10 per attendee
- Who can attend? Cub Scout and sibling friendly and age appropriate.
- Trading post and food concessions are available for purchase!
- Worried about being spooked? We recommend attending in the afternoon, but the whole event is for Cub Scouts and is age appropriate.
Haunted Hayrides is a spooky good time for children and adults of all ages! Traditionally this event is held over two weekends in October at Camp Warren, open to all Scout units and families and the general public. Each hayride ride lasts about 20 minutes, showing the spookier, scarier side of Camp Warren Levis. Keep an eye out for the goblins and ghouls, and be careful about that noise in the woods…Come early or stay after your ride for time around the bonfire, and enjoy some chili and hot chocolate from the concessions stand.
2020 update: As of July 31, this event is not scheduled to occur in 2020 due to safety concerns from Covid-19.
Rhodes France Scout Reservation
Register at https://scoutingevent.com/312-2019Spookoree
Spookoree Event Details:
- Enjoy family camping while exploring the Magic & Mysteries at Rhodes France Scout Reservation! Families will move into camp on Friday, October 18th and will depart camp on Sunday, October 20th. The Friday evening meal is up to the unit/campers to provide (most units either eat before they come or have a weinie roast at their campsite!). Join us at Firebowl for a movie and snacks Friday night. A fun-filled Saturday may see you trick-or-treating, taking a ‘haunted’ hike, or so much more!
- Amateur Radio – Jamboree on the Air
- Punch Cards to enjoy all of the fun!
- Obstacle Course to test your skills!
- Family Fun for Everyone! Siblings, moms, dads, grandparents can all come and enjoy the activities.
- Open shooting for BB Guns and Archery Saturday!
- Magic & Mysteries Trail Walk
- Lots of fun with games such as Human Foosball, Gaga Ball, Soccer Darts, Soccer Billiards, Mini-golf, and more!
Mom & Me
Mom & Me is a weekend camp for Cub Scouts and their moms (or guardians), jammed pack with activities and outdoor adventure. Enjoy camp favorites like archery, BB guns, hiking, arts and crafts, games, and much more! Every year has a unique and fun theme that ties into the event shirts, crafts, and games. Not an expert camper, mom? No worries, we provide all the meals and programs, you just need a tent, a sleeping bag, and an overnight bag with any weekend away essentials.
This event is traditionally held at Camp Warren Levis in late September, but is currently not scheduled to occur in 2020 due to Covid-19 concerns.
Parent & Pal
Parents, it’s time to make some memories with your Cub Scouts as they catch their first fish, hit their first bulls-eyes, and explore the adventure and fun of the outdoors during Parent & Pal, your family’s perfect spring weekend campout. Programs will include Cub favorites like archery, BBs, fishing, and more.
This event is held at Camp Warren Levis, traditionally in mid-late April. We provide all the food and all the programming, so pack your weekend campout gear and enjoy!
2021 Dates will be released this fall.
For the latest on the 2020 event, visit the registration page.
Winter Wonderland Nights
We’ve decked the halls at Beaumont Scout Reservation!
Join us for the first ever Winter Wonderland Nights!
Dec. 5, 6 & 7
- Holiday Festivities
- Photos with Santa
- Candy Cane Relay Races
- Holiday Movie Screening
- Sweet Treats
- Hot Cocoa Bar
- Decorate Holiday Cookies
- Gateway Traders Holiday Shopping
- Festive Activities
- Make Your Own Rudolph Ornament
- Prepare Reindeer Food
- Send a Letter to Santa
STEM University is a full day event for Cub Scouts and Boy Scouts focused on earning STEM-based advancements and NOVA awards. Scouts will get to visit a University, work with STEM experts, and participate in fun, hands-on educational activities. See below for locations and dates. Registration links coming soon.
- SIUE: Nov. 7
- UMSL: Dec. 12
- SEMO: Jan. 9
- SIUC: Feb. 27