– What is Exploring? –
Exploring is a co-ed youth career exploration/workforce development program for students ages 14-20 years old (or 13 and have completed eighth grade).
- Exploring pairs students directly with local companies and organizations for career exploration
- Program emphasis (based off similar principles to scouting):
Career Opportunities | Character Development | Citizenship | Leadership Experience | Life Skills
- Youth gain unique, real-life opportunities to experience many career choices
- We help youth make informed decisions about future careers
- We aim for youth to save time by learning if certain careers are for them while in high school and college
– What We Do –
- Work with local companies in various career fields for them to host potential youth explorers from the Greater St. Louis Area, which are called exploring “posts”
- Invite co-ed youth ages 14-20 from the community, schools, and youth organizations to participate in our posts
- Connect youth to career posts based on their desired career field
– How Exploring Works for Students –
- Complete our Career Interest Survey so we can know what are your career interests
- Select an Exploring career “Post” at hosting companies and fill out a application to attend their Open House recruitment this fall
- Attend monthly post meetings to learn the in’s and out’s of their desired career field
- Get “hands on” experience in careers of your choice
– What We Can Offer Students –
We offer real-life career experiences in a variety of career fields. You’re welcome to try one or many!
St. Louis Area Exploring Career Fields
– Don’t Know What Career Field To Explore? –
You’re not alone. Let us help you by telling us more about you. Please take our Career Interest Survey so that we may better place you in one of our local career posts. Once you take the survey, a team member will assist you in a post selection based on your results.
– Contact Us –
Follow, Like, and Share!
– The Field Team –
- Our Exploring field team services posts that are primarily located in the Greater St. Louis Area including: St. Louis City & County; Metro East, Illinois (St. Clair County & Madison County)