Popcorn Fundraiser 2019
August 23: Submit Show & Sell order online
September 1: Take Order Sale begins
September 6: Pick up Show & Sell unit order
October 21: Deadline to return unsold product
October 26: Take Orders Due
November 8: Pick up unit Take Order
November 15: Deadline to submit all prize orders and Scout incentives
December 5: Submit payment – Invoices due
- Fill it Up! Fill up an entire order form and get a Pocket Knife or Sloth Popper (unit popcorn chairs to input order through www.prpopcorn.com system)
- Scouts selling $1,000 earn two movie ticket vouchers for the upcoming Star Wars Episode IX Rise of the Skywalker (or any other movie)
- *Scouts selling $1,450 earn a Cub Scout Day Camp or 3 day Webelos camp. Scouts BSA earn a $100 camping voucher to use towards Summer Camp. Council camps only.
- *Scouts selling $2,400 earn a week long camp experience (Arrow of Light or Scouts BSA Summer Camp) Council camps only.
- *Scouts selling $2,500 earn 7 percent towards a current scholarship account. This program is for Scouts already grandfathered in the program.
- Scouts selling $10,000 earn a Disney Vacation for your family! (Disney Resort, Five Days, Five Nights, Airfare included, approximate value $5,000)
- Units meeting their sales goal will earn a $100 Scout Shop gift card and $100 Camping Voucher to be used for in Council Camping programs (used for summer camp, short term lottery, etc)
* Scouts are only able to earn one summer camp experience.
Popcorn sales can generate enough income to financially support your Scouting program for the entire year! Money from popcorn can be used to cover the cost of camporees, pinewood derby races, field trips, equipment, badges and advancement, and summer camp.
In 2018, we invested almost $850,000 directly into programs and camp properties.
Scout benefits include:
- Easy to sell product
- A turn-key program; no upfront cost
- No leftover product; order what your Scouts sold
- Sales support local Scouting
- Supports membership dues, camping programs, equipment
- A built-in prize program
- Great bonus prizes – free camp and more
- Helps teach Scouts the responsibility and value of earning own way, goal, setting, budgeting, handling rejection, perseverance, skills, gaining confidence, and salesmanship
- Customizable online profile for online sales
- Earning a merit badge – Personal Management, Communications, Public Speaking, American Business
Benefits to Scouting Units in 2019
- Awarded $130,000 in Camperships for Scouts in need
- Reinvestment into properties
-New tents at camp $16,000
-New tent platforms $16,000
-New tables and chairs at Beaumont $42,500
-Swimming dock at Camp Joy $14,000
-New water well at Camp Lewallen $7,000
-Camp Truck at Rhodes France $35,000
-Stand up paddle boards at Rhodes France $5,000
-New speedboat at S bar F $25,000
-New conference/IT/Phone upgrades at Council offices $42,250
-New boat dock and kitchen equipment at Warren Levis $28,000