Become a Merit Badge Counselor
Interested in becoming a Merit Badge Counselor or Supernova Mentor?
There are three steps:
- The first step is to have current Youth Protection Training. Available at my.scouting.org
- The second step is to be a registered member of the Greater St. Louis Area Council or complete an Adult Application to become a registered member.
- The Third step is to complete the merit badge counselor request. This can be done online or on paper.
ONLINE APPLICATION – (Preferred Method)
- Click HERE to go to the Merit Badge Counselor Directory/Registration page.
- Select the box labeled Merit Badge Counselor Registration.
- Complete the form.
- Special note for the Troop Selection field:
- Greater St. Louis Area Council does not subscribe to selective unit request. You may fill this field with the unit number you are registered with or leave it blank.
- Complete the merit badge counselor application 2020.
- Send the form to your District Advancement Chair or District STEM Chair.
Once the application is received it may take 2 to 4 weeks for approval. You will be notified by email when the multiple step approval process is complete.
Generally there are 4 badges approved per counselor in the heavier populated areas.
Annual renewals start in January each year. You will be sent an email with a link to the renewal page. The email address that will be used is the one on the merit badge counselor directory. You must be on the directory at the end of the year in order to be sent the renewal notice.
Contact Information Changes
If you wish to change your email address please send an email to: email@example.com. This change request will only be applied to the merit badge directory.
To add a badge please follow the online or paper application process. All badges added to the directory must be approved.
To remove a badge or to be removed as a counselor please email: firstname.lastname@example.org