University of Scouting
Southern Illinois University Edwardsville
January 18th 2020
University of Scouting is a day-long event that offers the widest variety of training opportunities, in all program areas, all in one place! You will find just about anything to do with Scouting at University of Scouting whether you are a Scout, leader, commissioner, or parent! And be sure to visit the midway where local companies and organizations will be set up to show off their upcoming opportunities.
Questions Click Here or Contact Donna Baer at 314.256.3126
Download the SIUE Waiver
Here is just a sample of classes you will find at University of Scouting:
- Unit Commissioner Basic Training — This is your first step as a new unit commissioner. Learn the responsibilities of this position and how to accomplish those tasks.
- ECSI First Aid Training – Learn the basics of First Aid and CPR such as rescue breathing, soft tissue injuries and broken bones. Choose from the morning session or afternoon session.
- Hazardous Weather Training — This course teaches you how to manage weather in the outdoors. All Unit Leaders are required to complete this training every two years. Get caught up at UoS.
- Add “Sizzle” to Your Unit Program — If your troop is bored with the same program year after year, spice things up with these tips for incorporating new and exciting events and activities!
- BSA High Adventure – Philmont, Northern Tier and others. Learn about these great programs, registration procedures and preparation for participation, as well as other awesome high-adventure opportunities!
- Special Needs Overview — Every unit has at least one Scout with Special Needs, which includes autism, attention deficit disorder, Asperger’s Syndrome, asthma, diabetes, hearing or visual impairment and many others. Learn about the tools available to you when dealing with these challenges.
Please note, digital blue cards will be available approximately 1 week after the event