This program is for Scouts, Venturers and Sea Scouts. It is offered at the Philmont Training Center.
The NAYLE program is an advanced version of National Youth Leadership Training (N.Y.L.T.) designed to provide you with a backcountry-based wilderness encounter that applies and internalizes the skills learned at your council-level National Youth Leadership Training Course, and motivates you to follow a life of servant leadership by helping others succeed, based on Scouting’s values.
NAYLE equips youth leaders to be better Troop, Crew, or Ship Leaders, NYLT Staff Members, and/or superior camp staff members. It will help guide your journey in leadership service to others, will enable you to develop all members of whatever teams you lead, and will provide important life skills for now and the future.
The requirements are:
- Must be currently registered and active in your Scouting program
- Must have completed unit-level youth leader training
- Be a minimum of 14 years of age before the first day of the course
- Scouts not yet 18 years of age and have completed NYLT
- Venturers and Sea Scouts: Not yet 21 years of age, and have completed NYLT if available in your council (or have completed the NYLT to NAYLE Bridge Course if NYLT is not available)
- Be physically fit and approved for High Adventure
This course includes:
- Advanced Team-Building Skills
- Wilderness First Aid
- Search and Rescue
- Leave No Trace camping Skills
- Future Leadership Opportunities in Scouting