P.R.A.Y. Award Program
October 10 at 7 p.m.
The Fellowship Hall of Salem in Ballwin United Methodist
14825 Manchester Road, Ballwin, MO 63011
$20 per youth
The P.R.A.Y. (formerly the God and Country) Program is the religious emblems
program for Protestant youth in grades 1-12. Its goal is to encourage the
Christian spiritual growth of children, youth, and families. The curriculum is unique in that it is an interdenominational resource. A conscious effort was made to develop the program without theological bias. Therefore, all students use the standard curriculum regardless of church membership.
All youth in grades 1-12 are invited to attend the organizational meeting on Oct. 10.
The Protestant Relations Committee is looking for individuals (Scouts, Scouters, and Clergy) who would be interested in encouraging and deepening the faith life of all our Scouts and Scouters. The Protestant Relations Committee is charged with:
- To secure a Minister or Chaplain for Religious Services for Scouts and Scouters when they camp as a Council or District at S-F Scout Ranch and Beaumont Scout Reservation.
- To call forth and encourage Scouts to lead or assist in leading a Religious Service on either the Council or District level. Scouts are encouraged to look at the “Scouts Own” Religious Service as a model of a Religious Service that can be led by a Scout.
- Encourage Scouts to enroll in a program of religious instruction that will result in the attaining of the religious emblem for their position in Scouting. For more information on the Religious Emblems, please visit P.R.A.Y. at praypub.org.
- Inform and encourage Pastors and laymen to promote and support the religious emblems program.
- Help in securing a Chaplain for the Council Summer Camps.
- Encourage all Churches with Scout units to hold a Scout Sunday observance during Scout Anniversary Week in February.
- Encourage Scouts and Scoutmasters to conduct their own worship services when no services are available near their camping location.
- Encourage ordained Clergy to serve as Chaplains for their units and to have Scout Chaplain assistants.
- When requested, to provide assistance to potential chartered partners in the organization of a new Scouting unit.
Baptist Subcommittee Chairman
Methodist Subcommittee Chairman
636.394.6809 or 636.391.2121
Church of Christ Subcommittee Chairman
636.391.0734 or 636.882.8197
If you are interested in joining the Protestant Relations Committee or if you would like more information, please contact:
Richard Jones, (314) 753-1303 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Lloyd Brown, (636) 343-7691 or email@example.com
Ken Etter, 314-256-3106 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- God and Me – Tiger Cubs
- God and Family – Cub Scouts
- God and Church – Scouts BSA
- God and Life – Venturing and Exploring