The Exploring annual recognition dinner gives us an opportunity to celebrate the Greater St. Louis Exploring youth, adults and partners. This year we are also celebrating and honoring the long history of Health Care Exploring programs.
A highlight of the evening is the presentation of various Exploring related awards. Please consider nominating those who are deserving from your post with one of the Exploring recognitions listed below.
If your nominee is unable to attend the dinner we will see that they receive their recognition at another time. For more information contact Julie Monken at (314)256-3052.
Exploring youth participants, adult advisors, and sponsoring organizations are eligible to earn various recognitions and awards. Below is a short description of each award and a link to the award documents.
The William H. Spurgeon III Award is the highest recognition for individuals and organizations contributing significant leadership to the Exploring program.
Career Achievement Awards
The Career Achievement Award is recognition for Explorers who have demonstrated individual career proficiency and motivation to discover new career opportunities.
- Arts & Humanities Career Achievement Award
- Aviation Career Achievement Award
- Business Career Achievement Award
- Communications Career Achievement Award
- Engineering Career Achievement Award
- Fire / EMS Career Achievement Award
- Health Care Career Achievement Award
- Law Enforcement Career Achievement Award
- Law & Government Career Achievement Award
- Science Career Achievement Award
- Skilled Trades Career Achievement Award
- Social Services Career Achievement Award
Learning for Life Leadership Award
The Learning for Life Leadership Award is a distinguished award for Explorers and adult volunteer leaders who have given exceptional leadership in Exploring or Learning for Life programs.