Cub Launch Saturdays
Saturdays in September and October at multiple locations including Beaumont Scout Reservation
$10 per Cub Scout and Cub Scout-age siblings
Sponsored by Zanfel Laboratories
Due to COVID-19, the local county, and state safety regulations, what has been previously known as “Cub Launch” will now go by the name of Cub Launch Saturdays. It is a spin on the regular Cub Launch program and provides new and existing Cub Scouts an opportunity to go to camp and safely participate in Scouting activities.
Cub Scout Saturday Activities:
BB gun shooting, Archery, Hike the Bobcat Trail (learn what you need to know to get your Bobcat badge!), and a STEM demonstration and activity **activities may change depending on location, the activities listed here are at Beaumont Scout Reservation
- Each Saturday session will adhere to 50-person maximum restrictions and 6 feet of social distancing
- Due to the maximum attendee restrictions we ask that only one parent attends with a child or one parent with multiple children to ensure as many kids can get a great experience.
- Masks are required for each person over the age of 9 years old in Missouri; 2 years or older in Illinois
- Each registration link below will have more information based on that specific location
Locations & Dates:
- Beaumont Scout Reservation: Sept. 12, 19, 26 & Oct 3, 10, 17, 24 REGISTER HERE
- Wentzville: Sept 19 & Oct 3 REGISTER HERE
- Cape Girardeau Jackson City Park: Sept. 19 REGISTER HERE
- Camp Vandeventer: Sept. 19 REGISTER HERE
- Camp Joy: Sept. 19 REGISTER HERE
- Rhodes France: Sept. 19 & 26 REGISTER HERE
- O'Fallon Sportsman Club: Oct 3 & 17 REGISTER HERE
- Camp Warren Levis: Sept. 26 REGISTER HERE
- Ozark Trail Blazers: Oct. 3 REGISTER HERE
Scouting For Food
2020 Unit Leader Guide generously supported by:
On Saturday, Nov. 14, thousands of Scouts will deliver more than 1 million blue Scouting for Food bags throughout the St. Louis metro area, southeast Missouri, and southern Illinois. They will return one week later on Nov. 21 to collect the bags full of donated canned goods.
By giving to Scouting For Food, residents are helping those in need right in their own community. With the help of Sunset Transportation, food donations in the St. Louis area are delivered to the St. Louis Area Foodbank for further distribution to over 500 hunger-relief programs and local agencies in the bi-state area. In southeast Missouri and southern Illinois, Scouts take donations directly to local food pantries.
When it comes to donations, canned fruits, vegetables, soups, tuna, chicken, and pasta sauce, and meals in a box, such as hamburger helper, are most needed. Last year, Scouting for Food gathered 1.9 million items of food which provided more than 1 million meals for the needy.
Residents who do not receive a bag can take canned food donations to any Goodwill store location Nov. 22-28.
- Spread the word! To donate virtually, text “SCOUTFOOD” to 91999 – all monetary donations will be donated to the St. Louis Foodbank and Operation Food Search. A $1 donation = 4 meals!
2020 Scouting for Food Patch Orders!
Get yours before they are gone!
To order visit: HERE
Scouting for Food Collection Sites
It takes a great deal of community support, planning, cooperation, dedication and volunteers to make Scouting for Food the largest single-day community food drive in the Boy Scouts of America. Started in 1985 by the Greater St. Louis Area Council, Scouting for Food has expanded to other councils across the country.
More than 30,000 Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts and Venture Scouts annually help the needy as they collect approximately 2 million cans of food during the Scouting for Food drive. The Greater St. Louis Area Council has collected more than 55 million cans of food during the 34-year history of the drive.
Items collected serve approximately 500 pantries within the Greater St. Louis Area Council, which includes the St. Louis metropolitan area, southeastern Missouri, and southern Illinois.
Scouts in the St. Louis area take donations to fire stations where it is sorted and boxed. Sunset Transportation Inc. of Sunset Hills provides trucks, equipment and volunteer drivers. It also coordinates all logistics for the food collection, which involves transporting boxed food from more than 35 area fire stations to the St. Louis Area Foodbank & Operation Food Search. The Foodbank & Operation Food Search distributes the canned goods through a network of more than 700 area food pantries and organizations.
What kind of food donations are needed? Read our suggestions on the "The Perfect Bag"
Summer camps are a Scout’s favorite place to have fun and adventure! Or community Twilight camps are a safe, educational, and fun experience for all Cub Scout ages and ranks, and are open to all children, regardless of if they are Scouts. The 2021 camp locations are below, and dates and additional details will be released this fall:
McNair Park Day Camp is held at McNair Park in St. Charles, MO.
Boone Trails STEM Twilight Camp is held at Cottleville Knights of Columbus. This camp is held Monday-Friday from 5:30 PM-8:30 PM, likely in early June. Questions regarding this camp? Contact Camp Director LaDonna Hudson at 636-288-9180 or MySTEMCamp@gmail.com
Lincoln County Twilight Camp is held at the Lake Side Shelter within Cuivre River State Park Troy, MO.