Cub Launch Activities
Spend a day at the Beaumont Scout Reservation in High Ridge, MO with the whole family doing all the things Cub Scouts love to do!
BB gun shooting, Archery, Hike the Bobcat Trail (learn what you need to know to get your Bobcat badge!), and a STEM demonstrations and activities are just a few of the exciting things available.
Fall 2021 Dates and Locations
- September 18
- Camp Warren Levis - Godfrey, IL
- September 25
- Foundation Park - Centralia, IL
- Jackson City Park - Jackson, MO
- October 2
- Beaumont Scout Reservation - High Ridge, MO
- Monroe County Fairgrounds - Waterloo, IL
- O'Fallon Sportsmen's Club - Lebanon, IL
- Rhodes France Scout Reservation - Pana, IL
- Wentzville UMC - Wentzville, MO
District Volunteer Recognition Dinner
The District Volunteer Recognition Dinner is the District’s way of recognizing the adult volunteers who do so much for the Scouts all year. It’s also a great way to network with other volunteers, compare notes, and just have a great time. This event is meant for ALL adult volunteers, not just volunteers in leadership roles.
Register for the event HERE: https://scoutingevent.com/312-44858
The votes are in! We will be celebrating the following individuals for their outstanding service*
*This list does not include our Distinguished Servant Leadership Award recipients. That list will be shared early April.
District Award of Merit: Christy Carter - Troop 8038G
District Award of Merit: Marvin Allen - Pack 8034
Cubmaster of the Year: Eric Warnhoff – Pack 8091
Scoutmaster of the Year: Gary Gill – Troop 8216
Committee Chair of the Year: Jeff Lott – Troop 8031
Outstanding Charter Organization of the Year: Eden United Church of Christ
Outstanding Community Partner: Anderson Hospital
We hope to see you soon and are looking forward to celebrating these folks as safely as we can!
Dinner Sponsors include: KP QuikStop + The CounterTop Shop
2021 Cahokia Mounds Virtual District Pinewood Derby
Missed the Derby? Well, good news! You can watch it anytime, just click one of the pictures above and enjoy!
Congratulations to all of our Pinewood Derby participants and Champions! Big thank you to Pack 8043 for hosting and executing an amazing virtual district Pinewood Derby. Let's congratulate the Overall fastest Car & our Den Race winners!
1 2.9905 165.3 P 8005 Jacob 286 Best Overall
2 3.036 162.82 M 4039 Aiden 241 Best Overall
3 3.038 162.71 M 8075 Cole 222 Best Overall
4 3.0445 162.36 B 8091 Tyler 223 Best Overall
5 3.0608 161.5 O 8072 Graham 209 Best Overall
6 3.093 159.82 N 8072 Victor 243 Best Overall
To see the full results below:
District Race Hosted By: Pack 8043 from Evangelical UCC, Highland.
District Staff Advisor: Kevin Buhr 618-207-6432 email@example.com
2021 Cahokia Mounds Pinewood Derby Flyer
Scouting for Food
Scouting for Food collects literally tens of thousands of food items each year for distribution to local food pantries. Started in 1985 by the Greater St. Louis Area Council, Scouting for Food has expanded to other councils across the country. Scouting for Food looked different in 2020 but we still helped our community immensely but not giving up! We collected so much food for our District!
Bags are distributed to households on the one Saturday in November, and full bags are collected on the following Saturday (check the Council website for annual dates).
Here are some things to keep in mind during this event:
- All Scouts & Scouters should be in full uniform. The public will be able to identify who you are and what you are doing. It is a great opportunity to display Scouting in a positive light!
- Scouts should travel in groups of two or more. Adults should be nearby at all times.
- Scouts should never enter private homes.
- Be sure to cover any new developments within your assigned area, even if they are not depicted on your map!
- Bags should be distributed on Saturdays. If you need to do it on Friday or Sunday that is fine — please just limit yourself to reasonable daylight hours.
- Scouts are encouraged to leave a bag at every private residence. Note: Apartments with “No Solicitation” signs should only be covered with prior permission from the Manager (Stop and ask first at the office if it is okay). Bags are not to be left at businesses.
- Do not put bags in mailboxes.
- If you are working a stretch of rural road, then please consider placing some small rocks in your bags ahead of time to weigh them down. You may then place them on the ground next to a mailbox.
- Please notify the SfF Chair if you do not receive a bag at your own house. Each of you can serve as a “Spot Checker” to ensure that all our areas are covered.
- Bags should be picked-up between 9 AM and 3 PM on Saturday.
- The collection sites open at 9 AM and close when units are no longer delivering goods to them. This happens around 1 PM at the smaller locations and no later than 4 PM at the largest.
- Please make a second sweep / drive by of your area in the early afternoon to collect any bags that might have been missed, or put out late.
If you run short on bags, please contact the District Director, District Executive, or SfF Chair to see if extra bags are still in stock (they probably are). If you have over half a box left, then please email the SfF Chair so the district can allocate bags better next year.
Cub Scout Camps
Day Camp is an opportunity to have tons of fun, learn new skills, and experience exciting scouting activities all while making new friends. These camps are available to any age cub scout and open to siblings!
June 25-29, 2019 - Edwardsville Sportsmans’ Club $75 | Register
Click here for more Greater St. Louis Area Council camps.
Overnight Cub Scout Camp, & Cub Scout Family Camp
Cub Scout overnight camps – Webelos Camp, Arrow of Light Camp, and Cub Adventure Camp are great opportunities for your Scouts to start out the year with a few Adventures/Advancements well underway and completed, while having a super fun time at camp!
Family Camps are opportunities for Scouts to spend a day and a night, over a weekend, at one of our properties, sharing the fun of the outdoors with mom, dad, and Cub Scout-aged siblings! In addition to Family Camp, we have Dad and Lad Camp in April, and Mom and Me camp in September.
Summer Camps are in June and July, at Camp May (Beaumont), Warren Levis, Pine Ridge, and Lewallen.
Register here to see all the opportunities and reserve your summer of fun! | Register
All Scout BSA Troops & Crews and AOL’s are welcome to join a troop for the weekend.
The Klondike Derby is a competitive event where teams pull sleds between various stations and perform team tasks at each.
When: March 5th-7th, 2021
Klondike is a Day event with camping both on Friday and Saturday nights as part of your registration.
Where: Camp Warren Levis – Godfrey, IL
Cost: $12 per person for both youth and adults (Lunch will be provided for registered adults). The late fee starts March 2nd ($15).
For More Information Contact:
4:30 PM - 9:00 PM - Check-In Begins
7:00 PM - 9:00 PM - Registration
- Upon arrival, the Adult Leader will:
- Confirm the number of patrols
- Confirm the number of participating Scouts and Leaders
- Pay any outstanding fees
- Turn in-unit rosters
10:00 PM - Taps – Camp Quiet
7:00-7:45 AM - Check-in for all units.
8:00 AM - Senior Patrol Leader meeting
8:30 AM - Sleds ready for inspection
9:00 am – 4:30 pm - Klondike Derby
In case of inclement weather, the following communication will take place:
1. Thursday 5:00 pm first evaluation will take place and communication will take place by the Cahokia Mounds District Facebook Page and email event registration list
2. Friday evaluations will take place at 10:00am & 2:00pm & 5:30pm by the District Facebook Page and email event registration list
3. Forecast of ice Friday and Saturday will cause the event to be moved to alternate date
4. Forecast of Snow will be evaluated at the time above
5. Canceling Friday night camping and delaying the event start on Saturday is an option
6. Pushing event to occur on Sunday is an option
Hello! All Scout BSA Troops and Second Year Webelos are invited to join for a weekend of camping and activities at the Cahokia Mounds Spring Camporee. The Spring Camporee is a day event, with camping also available on Friday and Saturday nights.
When: April 30 - May 2, 2021 if camping / May 1 for day attendance
Where: Camp Warren Levis – Godfrey, IL
Cost: $10 per Scout if paid before April 23, $12 after April 23. Adults are free. Troops will need to plan their own meals.
Camping: Reserve and pay for campsites separately at https://campreservation.com/312/Camps/710
Please note: The cornerstone activity on Saturday is Trader Relay race. You will need six Scouts for each team; 1 archer, 2 runners, 2 canoeists, and 1 boulderer. At least one of the canoeists must be a BSA swimmer. A swim test session at an indoor pool will be scheduled prior to the event. Any questions or concerns about this, please contact Martina at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hope we will see your troop there!
We also would like to invite any 4th graders out to camp to see what it's like to be a part of ScoutsBSA. Activities would be limited, but this is a great chance to get excited about what all Scouting has to offer!
This resource is for anyone looking to better plan their unit’s program for the year!
Cub Scout Unit Calendars and Budgets:
Building your Calendars and Program:
Unit Planning Session Documents: How to plan your calendar under normal circumstances