Pathfinder District Contact Information
|Khary Floyd||Senior District Executiveemail@example.com|
|Tony Arnold||District Chairmanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mark Langston||District Commissioneremail@example.com|
|Tom Coscia||Activities Chair & Webmasterfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mark Barnes||Advancement Chairemail@example.com|
|Mary Kay Bovier||Camp Card Chairfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|David DuBois||Camping Chairemail@example.com|
|Sarah Wireman||Communication Chairfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Amy Oliver||Cub Scout Roundtable Commissioneremail@example.com|
|Sandy Balch||Eagle Board of Review Chairfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Susan Perkins||Family Friends of Scouting & Scouting for Food Chairemail@example.com|
|Bill Morillo||Membership Chairfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Joel Schwartz||Order of the Arrow Advisoremail@example.com|
|Candice Evans||Popcorn Chairfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mark Langston||Scouts BSA Roundtable Commissioneremail@example.com|
|Tom Barrett||Training Chairfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Patty Krieger||Venturing Officers' Association Advisoremail@example.com|
Pathfinder District Commissioner Corner
Resources / Downloads
- Youth Application | Adult Application (for adult volunteers and new Venturing and Sea Scouting participants who are 18 but not yet 21)
- Scoutreach Assistance Request Form
- Annual Health and Medical Form- Parts A & B only (less than 72 hours)
- Annual Health and Medical Form- Parts A, B & C (physical required)
- New Cub Scout Leader Guide
- New Parent Orientation Guide
- 2019-20 Program Guides
- Unit money-earning application
- Certificate of Insurance – Online Request Form
- Fiscal Policies: Unit Finances & Tax Exemption Status
- Incident Report Form / Near Miss Incident Form
- How to Print Membership Cards
- How to Print Charter Certificates
- Awards and Nomination Forms
- Boy Scouts of America
- Cub Scouts
- Log Unit Service Hours
- Internet Advancement
- Scouting Uniforms
- Merit Badge Counselor Directory
Click here to visit the Rechartering website.
Click here for a brief tutorial (requires Flash Player)
Click here for an overview.
To renew your unit charter on-line:
- Sixty days before your unit’s expiration date, select a renewal processor. This should be someone in your unit who is familiar with the members and leaders of your unit to ensure all information provided through the process is correct.
- Your unit charter renewal packet is distributed to the unit leadership and includes an access code specifically assigned to your unit.
- Thirty to forty-five days before your unit’s expiration date, the renewal processor clicks Recharter Now on this webpage and begins the process.
- When the on-line process is completed, the renewal processor prints the completed charter renewal application.
- The Unit Leader and the Executive Officer sign the charter renewal application. The signed application along with any individual applications for new youth members or adult leaders, and materials received in the charter renewal packet and all appropriate fees, should then be brought to the Council Service Center, or your district’s charter turn-in meeting.
Pathfinder District Eagle Candidates
Procedures During COVID-19
Eagle Scout paperwork can be turned in online to the Greater St Louis Area Council except the recommendation letters. Click HERE to find instructions for the Electronic Eagle Scout Application Process.
The National Council has given authority to the local council to grant extensions to Life Scouts who can establish that their work on the Eagle Scout rank was disrupted only due to COVID-19. Extension may be granted through December 31, 2020. Life Scouts will need to complete the Extension Request COVID-19 Form, found HERE, and attach it to an email to request an extension. The Scout may need to consider changing the project so that it can be completed or doing a different project. These changes would need to be approved by the Eagle Board. The form should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. Once the form received is received by the council office it will be sent to the district advancement chair and the council advancement chair to approve. The Scout will receive a letter from the council office stating they have been approved for the extension. The Scout will need to attach this letter to the Eagle Scout application when they bring it to the Council office. If the extension is due to the Scout turning 18 before the project can be completed, the Scout would need to submit an Adult Application and take Youth Protection Training.
Please follow THIS link for the guidelines to file for an extension.
Scheduling an Eagle Board of Review
The Eagle Boards of Review are scheduled for the 2nd Thursday and 4th Monday of each month at Mt. Zion United Methodist Church, 1485 Craig Rd., St Louis MO 63146 from 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. To schedule a Board of Review date and time, the Scout will need to contact Sandy Balch at (314) 660-3960. The call must be at least 5 days prior to the expected Board of Review date to schedule an appointment. It is important that the Scout has all material prepared for the meeting. It is also important that the Scoutmaster or another unit leader attends the Board of Review with the Eagle Scout candidate.
Scheduling a Project Proposal Review
- The Scout will need to make sure that they are using the most current Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook. It is linked to the National site HERE.
- The service project should be helpful to any religious institution, any school or your community. The project must benefit an organization other that the Boy Scouts of America.
- Page E of the Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook needs to be reviewed and signed by the benefiting organization representative, the unit Leader and a unit committee member.
- The Scout must not start the project until receiving the approval from the Eagle Board of Review. The Board members will sign the proposal signifying approval.
The Scout needs to bring copies of the following from the Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook to the Board of Review: Two (2) copies of the Contact Information page and the following three (3) that describes the project. Also bring all originals and any other support material, diagrams or pictures.
We encourage the Scoutmaster or another unit leader attends with the Scout.
Submitting the Eagle Scout Application to Council
Ensure that the Scout is using the most current Eagle Scout Application, found HERE.
The following documents should be taken to the Council office:
- Eagle Scout Application with signature from the unit leader and unit committee.
- Twenty-one (21) merit badge cards that are listed on the Eagle Scout application.
- A Statement of Ambitions and Life Purpose.
- Eagle Scout Service Project Workbook
- Five letters of recommendations sealed in envelopes (letters should match the references on Requirement #2 of your Eagle Scout Applications).
Scheduling the Final Eagle Board of Review
Before scheduling an appointment, the Scout should have the Eagle Application signed by the Council.
The Scout needs to bring to the Eagle Board ALL ORIGINALS, the five (5) letters in sealed envelopes, and pictures, diagrams or other support material. Also bring two (2) copies of the following:
- The Eagle Scout Application
- Statement of Ambitions and Life Purpose
- The completed Eagle Scout Service Project report (the last section of the workbook)
We encourage the Scoutmaster or another unit leader attends with the Scout.
If you have any questions, please contact:
Pathfinder District Eagle Chair