2020 Traditional Jewish Philmont Trek
June 28 – July 12, 2020
View the flyer and register
Questions? Contact Norm Kahn at firstname.lastname@example.org
Jewish Committee on Scouting Good Turn 2020
The Council Jewish Committee on Scouting’s Annual Good Turn will be May 24th to assist the Jewish War Veterans in placing 7,000 flags on the graves of Jewish war veterans at 8 Jewish cemeteries.
Gathering for a light breakfast provided by the Jewish War Veterans will be held at United Hebrew Congregation (13788 Conway Road, St. Louis 63141) on May 24, 2020, at 7 am – ALL are welcome! While pre-registration is not required, help us by pre-registering.
Scout Sabbath was held on Friday, February 7, 2020, at Congregation Shaare Emeth, 11645 Ladue Rd, St. Louis, MO 63141. Scouts and Scouters were presented the religious emblems they have earned since the last Scout Sabbath. For information on the Jewish religious emblems, please visit the National Jewish Committee on Scoutings’ website here.
2020’s Scout Sabbath:
The Jewish Committee on Scouting serves to maintain an open relationship, to assist in fulfilling the Scouting needs of Jewish institutions, and to meet the religious needs of Scouts and leaders of the Jewish faith.
The Committee will work with unit and district leaders in providing youth of the Jewish faith an opportunity to experience Scouting while maintaining their religious convictions. Adults will work with youth in earning their religious awards. The Shofar Award will be used to recognize outstanding efforts by adult leaders on behalf of youth of the Jewish faith. Representatives of all branches of Judaism will be involved to insure broad coverage of the Jewish community.
The committee will also:
- Provide Jewish services as requested by camporee and encampment committees (Jewish services are arranged through the Staff Advisor to the Committee).
- Encourage Cub Scouts, Scouts, and Explorers of the Jewish faith to work toward the earning of the Jewish religious awards.
- Review applications and select recipients for the Shofar Award. Shofar Awards will be presented during Scouting Anniversary Month (February).
- Encourage the extension of the Scouting program to potential Jewish institutions.
- Annually communicate with Rabbis of synagogues and temples in order to maintain cooperation with religious leaders.
Earl R. Binder, Chairman, Jewish Committee on Scouting
Greater St. Louis Area Council, BSA