The Largest University of Scouting in the Region is Now Opening up to an Even Larger Audience, the Internet!
Greater St. Louis Area Council U of S is going virtual!
University of Scouting is a day-long event that offers the widest variety of training opportunities, in all program areas, all in one place! You will find just about anything to do with Scouting at University of Scouting whether you are a Scout, leader, commissioner, or parent! And be sure to visit the midway where local companies and organizations will be set up to show off their upcoming opportunities.
Here is just a sample of classes you will find at University of Scouting:
- Unit Commissioner Basic Training — This is your first step as a new unit commissioner. Learn the responsibilities of this position and how to accomplish those tasks.
- ECSI First Aid Training – Learn the basics of First Aid and CPR such as rescue breathing, soft tissue injuries and broken bones. Choose from the morning session or afternoon session.
- Hazardous Weather Training — This course teaches you how to manage weather in the outdoors. All Unit Leaders are required to complete this training every two years. Get caught up at UoS.
- Add “Sizzle” to Your Unit Program — If your troop is bored with the same program year after year, spice things up with these tips for incorporating new and exciting events and activities!
- BSA High Adventure – Philmont, Northern Tier and others. Learn about these great programs, registration procedures and preparation for participation, as well as other awesome high-adventure opportunities!
- Special Needs Overview — Every unit has at least one Scout with Special Needs, which includes autism, attention deficit disorder, Asperger’s Syndrome, asthma, diabetes, hearing or visual impairment and many others. Learn about the tools available to you when dealing with these challenges.
Courses will include some of your favorites from years past, merit badges and some amazing new content. These classes will be offered over a 7 day period instead of only one day: January 25-31, 2021.
We look forward to seeing your cyber presence at the virtual courses.
We Need Your Help!
We are looking for qualified Merit Badge Counselors to help lead Merit Badge Classes for our Scouts.
Check out the Recruitment Info and FAQ flyers for more information.
Interested in leading a Merit Badge Class at University of Scouting?
Email Merit Badge Director, La Donna Hudson
Please note, digital blue cards will be available approximately 1 week after the event.
Click Here or Contact Donna Baer at 314.256.3126