Eagle Scout candidates can submit their Eagle Scout application electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note, files should be in pdf format and can not exceed 20 MB. Multiple emails with attachments may be necessary.
The following must be included:
- Eagle Scout Service Project Proposal Page H (2023) This page must contain signatures of the Scout, the Unit Leader, the unit committee, the Beneficiary, and District Eagle Board. This documents indicates that the project met the qualifications and was approved before starting the project.
- Eagle Scout Service Project Report Page C (2023) This page must contain the signature of the Scout, the Beneficiary and the Unit Leader. The unit leader must be the registered Scoutmaster, Crew Advisor, or Skipper.
- Completed Eagle Scout application including signatures of the registered unit leader and unit committee chair.
- Copies of completed merit badge cards that correspond to your Eagle Scout application. (optional but may be requested if needed)
- Statement of ambitions and life purpose.
The Council will review and return the signed application or communication regarding any errors by email. Once you receive the Council signed application you will print this new version and add it to your Eagle documentation. The Eagle Board must have the copy containing the Council’s signature.
After receipt of the application from council, make a board of review (BOR) appointment with your district Eagle Board chairman. Take your application, workbook, and five reference letters corresponding to your application, and your Statement of ambitions and life purpose to the Eagle Board of Review meeting. The contact information for each district can be located on the district page on the website: stlbsa.org.
Once the Eagle Board has approved your application, submit your application again by email to the council, the council will submit it to the national office. You will be given the option to pick up your certificate at the MacArthur Service Center. Cape, Herrin, and Decatur area units will have their Eagle Certificate mailed to their Scoutmaster. Belleville area units will have their Certificates delivered to the District Executive to be distributed at Round Table.
The Eagle Recognition kit will be presented when the Eagle Certificate is picked up at the MacArthur Service Center. Cape unit Eagle Scouts receive their Eagle Recognition Kit at the Eagle recognition dinner. Herrin and Decatur units will receive their Eagle Recognition Kit through the Herrin and Decatur Service Center. Belleville units will receive their kit with their certificate.