Submit Your Scouting Photos and Videos
We know you are snapping away and taking lots of video when out doing Scouting activities and we want to see them!
Submit your media below so we can share all the great things our Scouts are doing!
Tips and Tricks For Digital Submissions
- Be aware of your surroundings. Do not record with bright light behind you.
- If filming an interview, response, or testimonial:
- Think about your response, write it out and rehearse.
- Wait 5 seconds after pressing record before you start speaking
- Also wait 5 seconds after you finish to stop recording.
- ALWAYS film horizontally, not vertically
- Get the action! We want to see the fun your Scouts are having!
You don’t need fancy video equipment to make high-quality videos. Creating content from your smartphone can happen anytime and anywhere. Check out these tips and tricks to get the most out of your mobile masterpieces:
- Prep for success: Make sure your phone’s lens is clean, and switch to “Do Not Disturb” to avoid distractions.
- All of the lights: Natural lighting is the key to quality. Be sure to steer clear of harsh shadows, especially near your face.
- Loud & clear: Although an external one is ideal, your phone’s mic will do the trick. Keep your phone close, and avoid echoey sets for the best possible sound.
- Action: Use the grid feature on your phone to keep your eyes in the top third of the video. Also, focus on your phone’s camera lens rather than yourself to avoid looking off camera.
- Same as video, get those action shots!
- Groups of Scouts having fun is what we are looking for!