Welcome to camping in the Greater St. Louis Area Council! Whether you’re looking for an incredible summer camp experience or a weekend campout, GSLAC offers a variety of summer and year-round programs at one of its four unique properties.
Please take time to explore all of the programs with the links on the left. Questions can be directed to the camping department at 314-256-3122.
New in 2014-2015
New in 2014-2015 is a fee schedule that allows Scout units, family and friends to use the properties and activities of the Greater St. Louis Area Council all year round. Below are some highlights:
- For the first time in 50 years, Family Cabins are available to rent at S bar F Scout Ranch (water shut off Oct 15 – April 15). Scout units, family, and friends are welcome.
- Mountain bikes, Kayaks, Stand-up paddleboards, sailboats, and GPS’s are now available to rent.
- Rand Administrative Building at S bar F Scout Ranch is now available to rent for day use. (Great for meetings of PLC or court of honor)
- Campsites at Pine Ridge and Camp Lewallen are now available for Rent. They are $50 per weekend and includes a shelter or pavilion.
- Camporee Fields/Areas are available for $1 per person per weekend fee.
- Archery is now available on the fee schedule as a rental activity.
- Tree houses are now split into a group of 3 and a group of 2 shelters. Which will allow more units, small and large to enjoy them. Larger units can rent all 5 shelters.
Boy Scouts of America High Adventure Bases
Philmont Scout Ranch - philmontscoutranch.org
Philmont Scout Ranch is the Boy Scouts of America’s largest national High Adventure Base.
The council will be sending contingents to Philmont during summer 2015. The reservation deadline has passed. For questions, please contact the council’s camping department at 314-256-3122.
The Summit Bechtel Reserve - summitbsa.org
The Summit Bechtel Reserve, is a 15,000-acre property in southern West Virginia that is home to the Paul R. Christen National High Adventure Base and new permanent home of the National Scout Jamboree. The 2013 National Scout Jamboree was the grand opening of the Summit and 2014 marks the first time high adventure programming will be available to Scouts and Venturers.
Florida Sea Base - bsaseabase.org
The Florida National High Adventure Sea Base is a unique Scouting program that offers aquatics programs found nowhere else. Whether your interests lie in sailing, scuba diving, rustic camping on an undeveloped barrier island, fishing or a combination of all, this is the place for your troop or crew.
Northern Tier High Adventure Program - ntier.org
Northern Tier is the Boy Scouts of America’s gateway to adventure in the Great Northwoods. In the Summer, scouts from Northern Tier’s three wilderness canoe bases explore millions of acres of pristine lakes, meandering rivers, dense forests and wetlands in Northern Minnesota, Northwest Ontario and Northeast Manitoba. In the winter, Northern Tier is home to the OKPIK Cold-Weather Camping program, the BSA’s premier winter high adventure program. Fall programming is also available.