North Star District Contact Information
North Star District
|Rick Dorsey||District Chairmanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Joshua Ramsey||District Director||314-256-3078|
|Darryl Day||District Executiveemail@example.com|
|Max Thorne||District Commissionerfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mark Behlmann||District Vice Chairmanemail@example.com|
|John Otte||Activities & Civic Service Chairman||636-299-2355||John.firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Paul Kessler||Advancement & Recognition Chairmanemail@example.com|
|Mark Wilbur||Camp Promotion & Outdoor Chairman||314- firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Mark Bretz||Communications Chairman|
|Kirk Richter||Development Chairmanemail@example.com|
|Jane King||Membership & Relationships Chairman||314-601-1747|
|Scott Both||Training Chairmanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Donna Yarbrough||Popcorn / Camp Cards Chairman||314- email@example.com|
|Joe Kavanaugh||Venturing Officers' Association Advisorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Jim Schneider||Family Friends of Scouting Chairmanemail@example.com|
|Roxie Tiek||Eagle Board of Review Chairmanfirstname.lastname@example.org|
North Star District Training
Roundtable is a meeting of leaders and parents to provide ongoing training, announce upcoming activities and news, share program ideas, and network. Roundtable takes place on the first Thursday of each month at The LDS Church (6386 Howdershell Rd, Hazelwood, MO 63042).
Do you need to take Youth Protection Training? Do you need to take your Cub Scout Leader Training? All of this and more can be done with a my.scouting.org account.
Use your membership number on your ID card to sign in. If you are new to Scouting and do not have a membership number, create a new user name and password. Every time you complete a training session, print out the certificate provided and turn in to your Unit Leader, Committee Chairman or council service center.
Youth Protection Training
Youth protection training is mandatory for ALL registered adults and must be re-taken every two years. Youth safety is the No. 1 concern of the Boy Scouts of America (BSA).
Cub Scout Basic Leader Training
For any Cub Scout leader to be a “trained” and wear the “trained” patch on your uniform, you must complete the training course for your specific position (den leader, Cubmaster, committee member, etc.). You can take it at Cub Scout Basic Leader Training or it is also available online.
Contact Scott Both at 314-566-5861 or email email@example.com to register in advance.
Boy Scout Basic Leader Training
For Scoutmasters and Assistant Scoutmasters to be “trained” and wear the “trained” patch on your uniform, you must complete the training course for your specific position AND Introduction to Outdoor Skills. Training is offered in three evening sessions. You must attend all three sessions. These training courses are NOT available online.
Contact Scott Both at 314-566-5861 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Introduction to Outdoor Skills
Beaumont Scout Reservation
Cost for food TBD at aforementioned training.
Resources / Downloads
- Youth Application | Adult Application (for adult volunteers and new Venturing and Sea Scouting participants who are 18 but not yet 21)
- Scoutreach Assistance Request Form
- Annual Health and Medical Form- Parts A & B only (less than 72 hours)
- Annual Health and Medical Form- Parts A, B & C (physical required)
- New Cub Scout Leader Guide
- New Parent Orientation Guide
- 2019-20 Program Guides
- Unit money-earning application
- Certificate of Insurance – Online Request Form
- Fiscal Policies: Unit Finances & Tax Exemption Status
- Incident Report Form / Near Miss Incident Form
- How to Print Membership Cards
- How to Print Charter Certificates
- Awards and Nomination Forms
- Boy Scouts of America
- Cub Scouts
- Log Unit Service Hours
- Internet Advancement
- Scouting Uniforms
- Merit Badge Counselor Directory
Click here to visit the Rechartering website.
Click here for a brief tutorial (requires Flash Player)
Click here for an overview.
To renew your unit charter on-line:
- Sixty days before your unit’s expiration date, select a renewal processor. This should be someone in your unit who is familiar with the members and leaders of your unit to ensure all information provided through the process is correct.
- Your unit charter renewal packet is distributed to the unit leadership and includes an access code specifically assigned to your unit.
- Thirty to forty-five days before your unit’s expiration date, the renewal processor clicks Recharter Now on this webpage and begins the process.
- When the on-line process is completed, the renewal processor prints the completed charter renewal application.
- The Unit Leader and the Executive Officer sign the charter renewal application. The signed application along with any individual applications for new youth members or adult leaders, and materials received in the charter renewal packet and all appropriate fees, should then be brought to the Council Service Center, or your district’s charter turn-in meeting.
North Star District Advancement and Recognition
Eagle and Summit Boards of Review
Eagle Scout is the highest rank attainable in the Boy Scouting program. Requirements include earning at least 21 merit badges and managing an extensive service project. A Scout must meet with the Eagle Scout Board of Review twice – once to approve the service project and facilitate the application and once to acknowledge completion. It is strongly recommended that the Scout attend a Life-to-Eagle Scout Seminar to understand the application process. Click here for more information about the application process.
The Scout must turn in the project guidelines and final review papers (e.g. merit badge cards and application) to a BSA office no later than two weeks before the final Eagle Scout Board of Review date.
Eagle Scout and Summit Boards of Review are held at St. Andrew United Methodist Church (3975 N. Hwy 67/Lindbergh, Florissant, MO 63034) at 1:30 pm, unless noted otherwise on our events calendar. For questions, scheduling an appointment or for more information, contact our District Eagle Board of Review Chairman, Roxie Tiek at (314) 583-1854 or email her at Tiekx6@yahoo.com.
Eagle and Summit Boards of Review Dates and Locations!
- Thursday, January 2, 2020 Life to Eagle Seminar at Chatham Bible Church
- 7 pm this is at the Roundtable.
- Saturday, January 11, 2020 St Andrew Church 1:00 pm
- Sunday, February 2, 2020 St Andrew Church 1:00 pm
- Sunday, March 8, 2020 St Andrew Church 1:00 pm
- Sunday, April 5, 2020 St Andrew Church 1:00 pm
- Sunday, May 10, 2020 St Andrew Church 1:00 pm
- Sunday, June 14, 2020 St Andrew Church 1:00 pm
- Sunday, July 12, 2020 St Andrew Church 1:00 pm
- Sunday, August 9, 2020 St Andrew Church 1:00 pm
- Sunday, September 12, 2020 S-F Scout Ranch (OA Fall Reunion) 1:00 pm
- Sunday, October 11, 2020 St Andrew Church 1:00 pm
- Sunday, November 8, 2020 St Andrew Church 1:00 pm
- Sunday, December 13, 2020 St Andrew Church 1:00 pm
2020 Swimming Skill Center
I am once again excited for our Swim Skills to start up in January 2020. It is being held at Hazelwood East High School each Saturday from January 11-February 15.
For Boy Scouts that are earning their Swimming or Lifesaving Merit Badges the time is from 8:00am-10:30am
and all Scouts will need to bring a signed merit badge card from your Scoutmaster, no cards will be given out.
For Cub or Boy Scouts attending the Learn to Swim you have 3 different times you can choose from (please keep the same time every week) 10:45am-11:30am, 11:45am-12:30pm, or 12:45pm-1:30pm.
Since there is little time between classes we ask that everyone be ready to go at their start time. NO SIBLINGS OR ADULTS ARE ALLOWED TO PARTICIPATE…..THIS IS FOR SCOUTS ONLY!
We have a great crew that is willing to help, guide, and teach every Scout that attends. Can’t wait to see everyone. LET’S GET OUR SUITS ON AND SWIM!